2003 3.7 no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fowlplay

Reaction score
Wife has a 2003 Liberty. Had a new engine put in it a year ago. Timing chain tensor was never right and always made noise. Just quit on her a few months ago so I assumed that's what the issue was. Put a new chain set in and still won't start. Hits every once in a while but won't start. Turns over fine and tore engine apart and timing is set perfect. New camshaft sensor already to. Crankshaft sensor? Any help very appreciated.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife has a 2003 Liberty. Had a new engine put in it a year ago. Timing chain tensor was never right and always made noise. Just quit on her a few months ago so I assumed that's what the issue was. Put a new chain set in and still won't start. Hits every once in a while but won't start. Turns over fine and tore engine apart and timing is set perfect. New camshaft sensor already to. Crankshaft sensor? Any help very appreciated.

I find this funny because I just went through this. Old engine jumped time had new one installed and she has 4200 miles on the new engine running great. What kind of noises does it make when you try to start it? Also who put the engine in?

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk