2002 OEM radio works but no sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtrionfo

Reaction score
Hi all - Jeep is 2002 Liberty with Infinity premium system. All original except for front door speakers which I recently replaced with Infinity 6022's.

I used the Infinity 6022's since they are 2-ohm like the originals and they happened to be on sale at Amazon for $60 for the pair. I also moved the built-in crossovers (often called amps) from the original speakers over to the new ones.

The new speakers sounded great for about two months, then last week suddenly no sound at all from any speaker. All functions on the head unit appear to work normally for both radio and CD, but no sound at all from any of the six speakers. I have checked and replaced fuses for both the radio choke relay and the radio itself. Fuses are good.

I have read that a break in one speaker wire can cause all speakers to go silent. I pulled the new speakers from the front doors and checked connections. All look good.

Any ideas before I pull the head unit and start checking pins? Does this radio have a protect mode that could cause the amp to not send power to the speakers?

Thanks.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
mtrionfo

Default 2002 OEM radio works but no sound

Pretty good indication radio is NOT working.

Latest posts

Members online