2002 Limited EVIC install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Jeep liberty limited. I had a factory OTIS overhead. I bought a 56042749AJ from a 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Installed and all works, be even temp sensor. Here's the issue. I get menu options to change different things about how the Jeep acts, like horn chirp when locking. But no matter what I change, the Jeep does it's own thing and refuses to make the changes. So I tried turning the horn chip with remote lock off, still chirps. I know those things can be changed other ways, but from what I read about the EVIC, it should allow me to change all this through the overhead. What am I doing wrong?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that there is a communication problem with the EVIC and BCM. The only other way to get the settings changed is to go to the dealer.

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a self test on the EVIC and there were no failures noted. Just wondering if my BCM has issues. Has anyone else done a EVIC install, and if so did those options change anything?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grand Cherokee EVIC's may work somewhat but aren't COMPLETELY compatible/integrate able to a KJ. If you want full proper functionality you need one for your year KJ. Had quite a bit of trial and error (they're cheap in junkyards lol) before getting it right. Oh and check your part numbers, don't plug one in that is designed for TPMS if your vehicle doesn't have it. It lights up the light on the dash and dings constantly.