2002 Liberty limited headlights blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linton23

Reaction score
I was driving home tonight when i turned on my hi beams a few seconds later I hear a click and the low beams come back on then click no lights click on, click off I reach up and turn on the fog lights and everything settles down. I get home and hit the hi beams one last time and it starts again. Could it be a relay or a switch?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The multifunction switch that operates the lights is known to give problems but it may just be a loose connection or a bad relay. Jeepforum.com, KJ section, has a link to the circuit diagrams for the 2002 models, search on Liberty Service Manuals and download section 8, Electrical diagrams....useful if you are Electrically competant or know someone who is

JeepLiberty_OH77

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty and have a similar problem with the lights shutting off momentarily while driving and then back on...off...on

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be???

linton23

Reaction score
I replaced the headlight switch 2 torex screws and to plugs and i was done $65 for the part.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets keep the terminologically correct. It is called the Multi-function switch and yes it is responsible for many weird problems like dash light blink or dim, headlights blink after completing a turn when signal kicks off, ghost interior light that suddenly stay on, headlights that dont work..etc etc.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets keep the terminologically correct. It is called the Multi-function switch and yes it is responsible for many weird problems like dash light blink or dim, headlights blink after completing a turn when signal kicks off, ghost interior light that suddenly stay on, headlights that dont work..etc etc.

pretty much. I have an 06 and every now and then after making a turn when using the blinker all the lights will flash off then on when the multi function switch goes back into place. I've already had it replaced once under warranty b/c the blinker part of the stick broke and I had to hold in place while making turns.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Darn that el cheapo plastic all in one thinga ma bop, called a Mulit-Function switch.
Good news is it is easy to replace and not that expensive.
The bad news is you might want to buy two, so one in the spare kit, and another to replace whatever ailment you currently got in the thinga ma bop switch.

Latest posts

Members online