Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002_KJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I need a new passenger side tail light for my 2002 Jeep Liberty (the casing/housing or whatever it's called is badly cracked and humidity is building up inside so I want a new one). I'm in Italy though which makes things a little more complicated as parts for these Cherokees (they didn't call them Liberty here, just Cherokee, series II or III I believe) are hard to come by.

A new OEM tail light will run me about 245 Euro with tax so I was looking at used OEM and aftermarket as well. I noticed that most aftermarket tail lights have 3 bulb holes as opposed to the 4 bulb holes of the original one; does anybody know why this is? Could it be a US Europe difference? Should I stay away from the aftermarket tail lights and either buy a used OEM (I may have sourced one from a salvage yard) or bite the expensive bullet for a new one? I've heard the aftermarket ones have some kind of secondary internal lens that tends to fall out of place and touch the bulb overtime and cause problems. If not, then is there a way to use the original 4-hole circuit board my Liberty has with an aftermarket lens housing? (sorry if I'm getting my terms wrong here).

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In the USA tailights there are only 3 holes/bulbs
So the ones in the " Cherokees shipped over there are all 4 bulb
So you just need to order one for your Cherokee , not a USA one

Stevethenewguy

Reaction score
OK I didn't know this think I'll have look an see it I can do it I just need a bulb holder then an will it plug right in after I wire in

Stevethenewguy

Reaction score
OK thanks I will do this when weather warms up thanks can u get led lights do u know

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.