2002 Jeep Liberty Limited owner, effective yesterday...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmJeepPA

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to your forum. Nice to see a diverse group of people come together over a common vehicle. Just picked up my Dad's 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited yesterday with, wait for it, 28,844 miles on it!!! Garage kept it's entire life! Other than a few minor dings and the need for new rubber, and the fact that my dad smoked (a lot!) and I need to have the interior thoroughly cleaned and de-funked, it is like a nearly new car, or a 1 year off lease vehicle you'd buy at CarMax or one of those places. Super nice condition. Rides tight and right. Very excited. I will say this, with one day of driving it around town that I "get it"... with "it" being the Jeep thing. Cool :)

I posted this same blurb along with a request to rank tires among a few I am targeting in the wheels/tires forum, so pardon the partial duplication.

It came with a nice brush bar, and it needs to have the tow hitch/gas tank recall and the air bag recall done. My Dad and I have the same mechanic and I spoke with him about this Jeep before I bought it and he said, "in a word, awesome! Your Dad always does everything his cars need before they need it. It is mechanically like new. I saw guys posting about sag on these Jeeps, and mine measures 20" from center of rear hub to the bottom of the fender flare, and 19 3/4" up front. Lots of clearance and apparently minimal sag.

Anyway, will be seeing you all around as I read and post about my new daily driver/weekend toy. If any of you live in/near the Philly Western suburbs and can point me to a few spots nearby (or even upstate) to take her off road that are not tourist spots, and that have a variety of terrain, that would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, enjoy the day!

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kenny. 28,844 miles.....wow.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That is quite a nice deal. Enjoy your (nearly) new Jeep! (welcome)