2002 Garnet Red Sprot Before/After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kokali22

Reaction score
The lady Baught this slightly used with 76,160 highway miles on it. Here's a few pictures.

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images
Here's a shot of after leaving the lot and reaching its new home.

Another stock pic.

I'll update later when I find my camera and download the rest.

AFTER

I Tinted the rears with 20% tan window tint.

Here you can see where I did the front Chrome grill MOD. Looks moi bueno*spelling* if you ask me!haha You will also notive that I didnt get a change to do the "REAR" window yet, due to a bunk window module ](*,) Which Costs 500 from the stealerhip FYI.

Here I did the front with 35% believe it or not. It seems to be just as dark though. Stock steelies! YUK! [-(

Another front a quarter view. You like all that white stuff! lol

This one was taken with my phone. So sorry for the blurrness, on the left is the STOCK light, and on the right is THE new out of line and unadjusted 5k hids. \:D/ If you look closely you can see a custom modified intake. Why CUSTOM? Cause I intergrated part of the old with the new.

Here you can see how OUT OF LINE the lights are.

Here's a more detailed pic of the misaligned lights.

This what makes this kit sweet. Its got individual fuses, unlike my friends set that he payed 3 TIMES AS MUCH as what I did for no fuse.

Oooough, pretty ballast box, with bulbs and harness

Here's how they look from about 25-30ft still not adjusted. Im very pleased with the light output for the cost.

Here's what they look like from in the cabin. Lights still need slight adjustments.

Here's one with the lights "PROPERLY" adjust. HAHA I didnt even notice the water spot on the windshield until I uploaded it!

Here are my, "NEW SHOES" 18x8" sport rims with 255/55 General Grabber AT's.

Here you can see how much back space i've got and how little front space i've got between the bumper and tire. I've got no rubbing issues excpet for maybe 1/16" of rub at full turn. But thats due to a sagging front bumper. Thats next on the 2do list!

There just so happened to be another libby at the store when I went so I took the photo OPP. HAHA Here you can see my "FREE" lift! LOL I'd say I got approx 2" lift from just the new rims/tires! \:D/

Here you can kinda see a comparison between the tires. Notice the comparison between the mirrors!

Thats about it, I've got a few more to locate. Like maybe an engine/intake pic or 2.

MORE TO COME....Thanks for stopping by

2003KJ

Reaction score
timmer said:
Wow, a naked roof. I've never seen one without the fore and aft rails.

It is rather oddly optioned.....no roof rails, no window tint, however it has the chrome grill.....and i'm assuming 4x4

kokali22

Reaction score
timmer said:
Yeah I thought it was kinda weird too!? Gonna get her a set eventually.

2003KJ said:
It is rather oddly optioned.....no roof rails, no window tint, however it has the chrome grill.....and i'm assuming 4x4

Yes sir the only way we do it up here! Its got the Command-Trac? with only part time 4x4.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't really buy a set of those...they're not an accessory. You'd be buying OEM parts to attempt to install yourself, and I am sure they are costly. As it is, LKQ parts out Libertys pretty regularly and had a set of those on eBay for like 30 bucks last week. I also know a yard with an intact Liberty that still had them.

kokali22

Reaction score

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to replace mine with silver accent ones, you know the ones that come with 06+ ltds.. I thought they looked good. It looks good without rails as well.

Get rid of the rims.. they are aweful.. like toyotas from 90s.. :(

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never even noticed mine were silver! haha. Well I know (or knew) where you can get some. I already took parts off an 06 LTD

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know Hyedipin, that yard we were talking about would have the Silver Rails if they told me the right year for that car. They said it was an 06, and I know it is a Limited G package.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wow... looks like the only option you have is the 3.7L V6. That Jeep has the appearance of a 4 Cylinder Liberty... no rails, the base steel wheels, no tint.

Question for you... do you know your build date? I find it funny that just Tires makes your Liberty THAT much taller?

If it was built in April 2002, yours might be pre-lowered.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yeah i'm trying to figure out how that KJ got optioned like that. I wonder if it was a fleet vehicle? Fleet's usually come oddly optioned.....and are usually very well taken care of as most businesses will keep on top of the maint. like no other, seeing as how vehicle breakdowns cost them more money.

Pictures look good! You mentioned a "bunk window module"....check Jeep's website and punch in the last 8 digits of your VIN under the "for owners" section, there is a recall out to replace the window module unit in the rear glass on the 03's and I believe some 02's. Mine was affected by this. The problem is water can get in there and short out the lock mechanism, and cause the glass to pop up for no apparent reason, with out warning.

I remember many a morning waking up and going out to the garage to see my rear glass up, and I KNOW I had shut it the day before...

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great choice with those Rims. They look sweet. I've always been a fan of smaller sidewalls rather than gigantic balloons.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Great choice with those Rims. They look sweet. I've always been a fan of smaller sidewalls rather than gigantic balloons.
Myself.. I don't mind the larger rims. I'm going to need new tires next year and I will be looking around for a decent set of rims to go along with it. I need a rim size that I can still get a good all terrain tire with. Those summer tires scare the heck out of me... when they say summer, they mean it. My sister had summer tires on her old car....... ugh. Can you say NO GO in snow? No go at all.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:

Bigger side walls are better for offroad and they also protect the rims more. O:)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timmer said:

I saw one here last week. It was in the lane next to me and a little bit in front of me. I looked at it for almost a minute, thinking the whole time something didn't look quite right, then I realized it was missing the rails.

Members online

No members online now.