2002/2003 and possible Younger Jeep parts problems...*****WARNING!!!****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil2020

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that it's getting harder and harder to get parts for your baby out there. I don't mean you honey, I mean your JEEP!!!
Here's just an example and some suggestions you SHOULD try to extend the life of your Jeeps Liberty's steering system...

We are always upgrading our 2002 Jeep and recently the Mopar Power Steering units from Mopar were discontinued in 2019, (fact, directly from Mopar).
We managed to find the LAST (Reasonably Priced) ONE on RockAuto at a whopping price of $705.00 landed.

Power Steering Pump - Mopar (52088710AE)​

Now there are lots of other OEM's out there, IOHO are crap!!!
We have already gone through 4 A1-Cardones, and 2 BBB power steering pumps, IOHO these are totally junk!
*****WARNING!!!****

The last one, the BBB, could not remain in the Jeep because it was leaking just after install, and we are not going to give you the part numbers for them because we would NOT want you to be out of time or money!
So, that said!!!

We would like to share with you a suggestion that may extend the life of your Jeep Liberty... A POWER STEERING FILTER
2002/2003 DO NOT come with filter for the power steering, never did, it's NOT even on the parts list at RockAuto, but we'll list the part number here for you to check them out:)
There are 2 sizes: 1) is a 5/8 and the other 2) is a 3/8
This is the ID of the hose, the filter goes onto the pump inline hose before hooking it up to the pump, just get another piece of hose to add this inline to you system.
Trust us this will get rid of the ****** crappy dirt, swarfs and other impurities in your power steering system, and hopefully extend the life of your power steering system.

NOTE: There are 3 ONLY power steering pumps left that we could find, last ones in the world, one in Japan: $2,700us, one in Eastern Europe: $1900US and one in France: $1300US. These 52088710AE pumps were previously sold, (up to 2019), by Mopar for only $220.00us.

These are Cardone Filter part numbers, (much better then nothing), Mopar does not sell these anymore, (Discontinued)

1) 5/8 Power Steering Filter (Add-On Type) Part #: SPN 200058F Line: Power Steering Pumps

2) 3/8 Power Steering Filter (Add-On Type) Part #: SPN 20P038F Line: Power Steering Pumps

Hope this helps ya:)

Attachments

• PSF58.JPG
    PSF58.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
  • PSF38.JPG
    PSF38.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Phil2020

Reaction score
You mean like this one: https://www.ebay.com/p/84012464
Or this one: https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-pump-power-steering~52088710ad.html?
Or this one lol: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133988597896
Always try variations on the evolution of the part number (last letter).
Hahahaha, that's FUNNY!!!

There's always someone that thinks they are smarter than a Scotsman:)
If you had only asked where we were from, you'd have not shown the world your impulsiveness to post such a cheeky post!
We used to live in the States, but we're living in Canada now for wife's mother, (covid and all that).
And...therefore when you take into consideration the: Shipping, Exchange Rate, the beautiful TAXES that our benevolent governments like to Bestow on us billionaire challenged, it's friggin expensive!!!

Like we said before, "These 52088710AE pumps were previously sold, (up to 2019), by Mopar for only $220.00us."
BIG difference in that price, and the prices YOU quoted.

And as for: "Always try variations on the evolution of the part number", NOT on power steering pumps!!!
It's TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for us to educate the condemned, why don't you call your local Mopar Agent and stay on the phone for over 20 minutes, finding out WHY YOU CAN'T do that for the Mopar power steering pumps and several other Mopar parts for your Jeep, while they still have them in stock!

Thanks for the manual, we have it all on CD-Rom:)

BUT, if you still think YOU know BEST, be our guest, but if you come on here complaining that your RACK is shot or your pump is leaking after 3 months because you don't care about superseded parts, get ready for a whole lotta; "Told Ya So's"!!!

Hey Tom,
Hope you're paying cheap rent:)

Last edited:

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edit, I don't know how to interpret the reply lol, but the info seems helpful for those of need of the early power steering pumps.

I suppose I should start looking into what parts are harder to get for the year I have, and start collecting!

Last edited:

Phil2020

Reaction score
@JRB

With the exception of TM, (who has already stocked up), most Jeep luva's dont't realize this is another one these FORCED COMPLIANCE scenarios.

WE THINK, (WE MAY BE WRONG) but IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT :D

Remember Microsoft Windows, when you had to update from Win7, to Win8, Win10, and if you don't, eventually nothing will work on your PC, eg; drivers, browsers, etc, YOU WILL HAVE to eventually go to Win11:mad:

And so it is with the auto industry now!
How else can they get everybody onboard with EV's?

ANSWER: LIMIT/DISCONTINUE the replacement parts the Jeepers can get for their older Jeeps >>> Simple no spare parts, (equals) NO OLDER JEEPS!
We're ALL expected to go GREEN, and be HAPPY:)

By the time we're ALL in for EV Jeeps, charging up will begin to increase in costs, just like Propane, Diesel, etc.

It's called, "Planned Obsolescence".

Sorry guys, the auto industry learned this from Microsoft and we are learning the HARD WAY, that your hard work, your hard earned time and money well spent on getting your rig just right, then it's time to tow it off to the wreckers, and shell out twice as much for an EV JEEP, that will not be as good or as easy to repair as these gas ones we're so used to:mad:

That's our 2cents, let us know your comments BELOW:) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Phil2020

Reaction score
BTW, if you're STILL are having noise/stiffness problems with your power steering, try this, WORKS GREAT:

Attachments

• 81cOTAPAC+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81cOTAPAC+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, that's FUNNY!!!

There's always someone that thinks they are smarter than a Scotsman:)
If you had only asked where we were from, you'd have not shown the world your impulsiveness to post such a cheeky post!
We used to live in the States, but we're living in Canada now for wife's mother, (covid and all that).
And...therefore when you take into consideration the: Shipping, Exchange Rate, the beautiful TAXES that our benevolent governments like to Bestow on us billionaire challenged, it's friggin expensive!!!

Like we said before, "These 52088710AE pumps were previously sold, (up to 2019), by Mopar for only $220.00us."
BIG difference in that price, and the prices YOU quoted.

And as for: "Always try variations on the evolution of the part number", NOT on power steering pumps!!!
It's TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for us to educate the condemned, why don't you call your local Mopar Agent and stay on the phone for over 20 minutes, finding out WHY YOU CAN'T do that for the Mopar power steering pumps and several other Mopar parts for your Jeep, while they still have them in stock!

Thanks for the manual, we have it all on CD-Rom:)

BUT, if you still think YOU know BEST, be our guest, but if you come on here complaining that your RACK is shot or your pump is leaking after 3 months because you don't care about superseded parts, get ready for a whole lotta; "Told Ya So's"!!!
I'm a mechanic, so......yeah *shrug*

You must be registered for see images attach

Phil2020

Reaction score
(@04Liberty ~Aka "Tony")
Well even then, hopefully one day you'll make it into Sales, (like Putty did:)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've blown up 6 aftermarket PS pumps? Over what time period did that take place? Some people might say that is a lot of PS pumps to blow up. What is your usage like? Are you putting your KJ through extreme duty cycles?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've blown up 6 aftermarket PS pumps? Over what time period did that take place? Some people might say that is a lot of PS pumps to blow up. What is your usage like? Are you putting your KJ through extreme duty cycles?
They have a term for that: operator error @Phil2020 aka 'Clueless' lol
In the service we also called it "self induced casualty"

Phil2020

Reaction score
edit, I don't know how to interpret the reply lol, but the info seems helpful for those of need of the early power steering pumps.

I suppose I should start looking into what parts are harder to get for the year I have, and start collecting!
(Aftermarket ps's are crap especially Cordone and BBB, our supplier sold 30 and only 24 came back!)
Why don't you look at our post again, and READ IT this time and you'll find out what happened, sheeesh they're coming out the woodwork Maud!

Phil2020

Reaction score
They have a term for that: operator error @Phil2020 aka 'Clueless' lol
In the service we also called it "self induced casualty"
Okaaaaay Tony, just let me pay my bill and go somewhere else, moving on!
(Y'know saying that you're a mechanic these days is NOT a sign you know what you doing, NOT even a [RedSeal])
(They're toooooo many mechanic jokes going around to admit you are one!)

Phil2020

Reaction score
Wow!!! @04Liberty should have known what type a poster you were by your logo!!!
The icon tells it all!!!

(Smart move TM)

Attachments

• hellcat.JPG
    hellcat.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okaaaaay Tony, just let me pay my bill and go somewhere else, moving on!
(Y'know saying that you're a mechanic these days is NOT a sign you know what you doing, NOT even a [RedSeal])
(They're toooooo many mechanic jokes going around to admit you are one!)
Wow!!! @04Liberty should have known what type a poster you were by your logo!!!
The icon tells it all!!!

(Smart move TM)
(Aftermarket ps's are crap especially Cordone and BBB, our supplier sold 30 and only 24 came back!)
Why don't you look at our post again, and READ IT this time and you'll find out what happened, sheeesh they're coming out the woodwork Maud!
Thank you for that STUNNING display of........yeah I'm not sure what kind of oral diarrhea this is lol. But if that's the best you can do..........pathetic.
Well after 30 or so years....... *shrug*
I don't care where you live, or what problems you're having because of it (no es mi problema). Don't get mad at me because I provided a viable alternative while it still being FACTORY parts. Suck it up, buttercup. I am glad you aren't in the states though, we have enough stupid here at the moment.

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Phil2020 hey the circus is looking for you.....

You must be registered for see images attach