2 weights on tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
messing around the other day i noticed that there are 2 weights on each tire, one weight mounted on the outside of the rim and one weight mounted on the inside of my rim. is this normal? i was used to the 1 little clip on weight on the outside and thats it. will 2 weights have any negative effects on the tires or anything? i'm pretty sure i get free balancing on tires when i bought the new ones so i can get them rebalanced for free but i'd rather not walk in there all crabby about 2 weights when in the end its not that bad even.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
The inside weights are junk....just my .2cents

They can come off!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
This is normal.
The only way to properly balance a tire is with a clip on weight on each side of the wheel.

Never had one come off.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Well daddy worked with tires for 5 years and they never used them bc they said they were junk.....But yet then again i've never had a tire done that way.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, you should have seen my wheels when I had my old beat up MT/R's on there. There were weights all over the place. They still had probably 50% tread left but I was told they were pretty much un-balance-able. I wish I took a picture before I got new tires.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Well didnt he say on the inside of the rim?
Is there another one other then the sticky kind?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have rocked sticky weights for a long time now. i got a buddy who does all my balancing and alignments for free and ive never had a problem.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I won't run a wheel that you can not use regular old style clip on weights on. They stay on better, better balance and all. Used to hate to see a customer come in with those wheels that needed stick on weights, of course we charged him more to balance them!:D