2.5" out Of OME Lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw_bus86

Reaction score
Ok so I was reading the thread about the OME specs. If I go with the OME H/D Coils front and rear and Rancho all around. How would I get 2.5" of lift? Or will I only have 1.5"? :confused:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone gets a a different amount of lift. It all depends on how sagged out you were before. Most people will get about 2.5, but if were really sagged out you'd get more, if you're spring were good, you'd get less. :)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The rated 1.5" of lift is for warranty purposes, they all net you 2.5" or more. See, if they say they give you 3" of lift, then the dealer will not warranty your KJ....or at least that was mentioned before.

They say 1.5" of lift to cover their a#%.:p

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rated 1.5" of lift is for warranty purposes, they all net you 2.5" or more. See, if they say they give you 3" of lift, then the dealer will not warranty your KJ....or at least that was mentioned before.

They say 1.5" of lift to cover their a#%.:p

yup 100% correct
the fine print in the warranty coverage and limitations states some thing about
lift kits over 2" will void any related or effected component warranty
in other words what ever they want

There is a local dealer who will install lifts on new rigs ,mostly TJ's and then JK's
the shop that does the work knows I have a KJ and called me one day asking what Lift I had and how tall was it because the dealer has a customer who wants a new KJ lifted but all the spacer lifts are 2.5" and there will be warranty issues with that
I told them what I had and what they did was install the OME springs and let it ride ,not ideal but heck the OME shocks and struts are the same length as the OE's so why not besides the Jeep had under 10 miles on it and if they killed the shocks/struts in under 36K they get new ones any way