2.5 Daystar leveling with 235 85 16 BFG photos ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lusliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any photos of a Liberty with 2.5 daystar leveling and BFG all terrains 235 85 26 ? Also any issues when done ???

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issues? Yes. Sagging, uneven truck, horrible ride. Wait........ 26" rims. OMG!!!!! WHY!!!!

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there are many many issues when done. For starters it's a Jeep, 26 inch rims?! Have fun with that...

To each his/her own I guess

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any photos of a Liberty with 2.5 daystar leveling and BFG all terrains 235 85 26 ? Also any issues when done ???

Forget about even looking or trying
First Daystar poor way to lift
Second with sagging springs you'll never get 2.5 inches of lift
Third with 235-85-16s you'll need at least 3.5 - 4 inches of lift
Fourth you'll need to regear as well with that size tire
Fifth if you "have to " to go with a daystar stay with 245-70-16s

trailmaker

Reaction score
i went with the 3.5" rock krawler lift and have had nothing but fun since

GET THE 3.5 ROCK CRAWLER LIFT KIT if ur trying to get lift for less....definitely worth the $350.00 I paid for it. upgraded to nitrogen shocks and now I've been baffling everyone with where I can take my jeep. I even towed a ram 3500 Cummings crew cab across the river and over the hill haha and everything works great. good cheap lift with durability and no fitment issues. just a thought if ur trying to get the most for the money.

and it lets me run 31x 10.5 cooper stt mt's on 16" AM Racing rims with a very little trimming but in places that u can't see unless ur inside the wheel well lol. check out my album for some more pics of the look/stance. have had a lot of compliments on my jeep after Putin lift and 31s on it AND U DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY REGEARING OR RELOCATE ANY LINES OR PARTS. easy install... did it by myself in a couple hrs a week after knee surgery haha not hard at all.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry trailmaker have to disagree with you
Rock Krawler is not a good way either, with worn out springs I doubt you got 3.5 inches of lift and by the time you bought the kit, added better shocks front and rear you're into it for about as much as full spring lift kit
Also with a full spring and a couple of additions you could run 31 without hacking away anything
whats your measurement from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare ?

and also any 05-07 you HAVE to relocate the rear brake lines. Lowering them down 2-3 inches

also lets look at something
Rock krawler lift kit is 329, now add in front shocks at say 210, now longer rear shocks at 170 and we now have a grand total of 709. You could of bought a full spring kit from Ironman with 4 springs and shocks . Heck the 329 the Rock Krawler kit costs it would buy 4 springs ! Very confused as to why more don't lift when in the long run its cheaper

Last edited:

trailmaker

Reaction score
Sorry trailmaker have to disagree with you
Rock Krawler is not a good way either, with worn out springs I doubt you got 3.5 inches of lift and by the time you bought the kit, added better shocks front and rear you're into it for about as much as full spring lift kit
Also with a full spring and a couple of additions you could run 31 without hacking away anything
whats your measurement from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare ?

and also any 05-07 you HAVE to relocate the rear brake lines. Lowering them down 2-3 inches

we'll all together w/ shocks I only spent $600 ish which is still cheaper and I didn't like the extra price of other lifts and components just to avoid trimming a few inches of unseeable and pointless plastic. and no I did not have to drop my brake lines or anything I have trail run my jeep and even taken it off jumps numerous times and everything works with no issues and haven't messed any lines up. I got an 06 kj limited idk if other kjs have different setup but I do know what works for mine

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On yours you should relocate/lower the brake line on the driverside rear. Everyone with late 05-06-07 has to do it or should,,very easy to see when you flex out .
Ironman which is a very good lift is only a few dollars more than what you spent and you still have weak front and rear springs
But then what do I know, you've lifted one , I've lifted a few :emotions33:

trailmaker

Reaction score
On yours you should relocate/lower the brake line on the driverside rear. Everyone with late 05-06-07 has to do it or should,,very easy to see when you flex out .
Ironman which is a very good lift is only a few dollars more than what you spent and you still have weak front and rear springs
But then what do I know, you've lifted one , I've lifted a few :emotions33:

my post wasn't intended to be a ******* contest but simply my experiences and to give the initial poster another option to lift his jeep and campaign to daystar and give him a lil info and never said how many lifts I've done just simply told him what I am currently running with on my kj. yes eventually I'll fab up a new kit for my kjs but in working on my Chevy for now (which I'm currently fabricating a 4 link setup with king tripple bypass shocks) nitro is a lil more u can save a few bucks if u get hydro or air shocks but not as good off roading just so u can know original poster. sorry forgot ur id name... lol

soooooooo.. just to recap with new info tommudd provided....
my lift method :
saved money vs spending more ( verified by tommudd)
it is not necessary to relocate the lines ( verified by tommudd)
still allowed u to run 31s
still performs great off road
hasn't busted or damaged anything or broken itself
and is quick and easy install.

thanks for the info tommudd. have a good one

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
my post wasn't intended to be a ******* contest but simply my experiences and to give the initial poster another option to lift his jeep and campaign to daystar and give him a lil info and never said how many lifts I've done just simply told him what I am currently running with on my kj. yes eventually I'll fab up a new kit for my kjs but in working on my Chevy for now (which I'm currently fabricating a 4 link setup with king tripple bypass shocks) nitro is a lil more u can save a few bucks if u get hydro or air shocks but not as good off roading just so u can know original poster. sorry forgot ur id name... lol

soooooooo.. just to recap with new info tommudd provided....
my lift method :
saved money vs spending more ( verified by tommudd)
SAVED VERY LITTLE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN
it is not necessary to relocate the lines ( verified by tommudd)
NOT VERIFIED AS YOU NEED TO, SO I NEVER SAID YOU DIDN'T
still allowed u to run 31s
still performs great off road
hasn't busted or damaged anything or broken itself
and is quick and easy install.
TAKES SAME AMOUNT OF TIME TO INSTALL ANY LIFT 2.5-3 HOURS

thanks for the info tommudd. have a good one

Please do not say I said something when I didn't
Good luck with your lift
AND a little discussion is always good for the blood pressure
we never get into PI**ING matches only direct discussions on varying subjects

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted my KJ with Mexicans. Since there are so many around. I shoved them into the worn out springs.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we'll all together w/ shocks I only spent $600 ish which is still cheaper and I didn't like the extra price of other lifts

I spent $590 including shipping on my ironman lift with bilsten fronts and durango rears and bumpstops.

Fronts and rear springs.... 250+35 ship
Bilstein shocks..................... 180 free ship
Rear shocks........................... 50 local
bumpstops, bolts, beer....... 75 local
Knowing you are riding on
good springs and true lift....priceless!!

Just saying that I spent money better than you did and got a far better lift.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

trailmaker

Reaction score
I spent $590 including shipping on my ironman lift with bilsten fronts and durango rears and bumpstops.

the big thing that kills it for me on price is shipping..... I'm in Alaska and everything that comes here has freight that cost almost half what the lift does so that's y I did it that way. and I do my own fab work so I was going to do king coilover for the kj later after the Chevy done so I wasn't worried about using the existing springs for now. but ya I didn't think about the fact that u guys in the state's get WAY better shipping cost/ options. everything here is expensive as hell that's y I was sayin the other lifts were a lot more. even with my tires they were $1000 plus like $700 shipping just cause of oversize freight up here! but ya either way it works only $10 difference in price might as well go with the new springs and whatnot. I just hate that shipping is at least half the cost of the lift itself up here haha sorry bout some of that confusion there tommudd and others. thx for the info too.

trailmaker

Reaction score

also never heard of ironman before today so I'll see what they say about shipping and without knowing about that company or lift I thought it was similar not with new springs too cause tom was sayin it was a little more for it and to me in expensive Alaska a little more is like a couple hundred haha. but like I said I'm going to check end out before I say anything about em.. lol and who knows maybe I'll swap the jeep to that for the time beeping till I get the Chevy done. again thanks for insight/ info.

trailmaker

Reaction score
by the way what's their contact info for the ironman stuff ima call enough and see what it's all about. (websites never get shipping right for here... I always get a call a few days later to get told the site messed up the shipping and it's actually going to cost at least $200 more... :( )

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JeepinByAl sells Ironman here in the US
I tested the first set that came in and the ride and everything is really good.
I have the name of the main guy with Ironman in NA if you want it, but check with JBA first

Lusliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my husband purchased new front and rear springs had poly mounts reproduced in solid aluminum adding 1/2 hope he is right .I drive this Liberty not him......lol