Daystar 2.5 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyMan38401

Reaction score
I installed a 2.5 inch Daystar lift on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. I'm currently running 245 70 16 Cooper all terrain tires. Would like to run a little larger. What are you guys running with little to no rubbing or modification to the wheel wells?

Attachments

• 20220306_122409.jpg
    20220306_122409.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 26

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a 2.5 inch Daystar lift on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. I'm currently running 245 70 16 Cooper all terrain tires. Would like to run a little larger. What are you guys running with little to no rubbing or modification to the wheel wells?
Unfortunate truth, you've added spacers to junk springs, even if we knew your current ride height it's likely to change. Making you question a tough one to answer positively.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
245/75R16 is the biggest you'll be able to put on there but who knows for how long since you added that trash Daystar lift on there.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spacer lifts aren't the most ideal as said, but got to add a few positive points for the ricky bobby plate!

"Well, Let Me Just Quote The Late-Great Colonel Sanders, Who Said... 'I'm Too Drunk To Taste This Chicken.'"

many classic quotes from that movie haha.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stay where you are , after 6 months or so its going to be back down almost where you are before you started
Plus you now have a bad ride

James Akemon

Reaction score
So, just incase you didn't figure it out from the other post. Adding a cheap Daystar lift isn't really going to save you money in the long run. If anything it will eventually cost you more in pre mature parts failure repairs. There are some questions you should have asked before doing a lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the daystar for a few years and I was running 255/75/17 with no issues
Lucky is all
I had one in my shop with Daystar installed in less than a year, actually 8 months
Upper control arms both worn out, one actually fell apart when I started to remove it
Both lower ball joints were toast
Both front shocks blown out
And before you think that they would of worn out anyways , they were replace with MOOG parts when he did the Daystar
only thing that was stock were the front springs
Daystar preloads the springs making them and shocks overwork

Basically the same issues I found with any of the Libertys that came in for suspension issues and an upgrade to OME that had spacer lifts
RRO, Rustys, Daystar etc etc etc
Thats also how I got a 9 month old ARB bumper for 250 bucks , due to spacer lift ( well also got the spacer lift , RRO ) 3 worn out front shocks, 2 UCAs etc LOL

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky is all
I had one in my shop with Daystar installed in less than a year, actually 8 months
Upper control arms both worn out, one actually fell apart when I started to remove it
Both lower ball joints were toast
Both front shocks blown out
And before you think that they would of worn out anyways , they were replace with MOOG parts when he did the Daystar
only thing that was stock were the front springs
Daystar preloads the springs making them and shocks overwork

Basically the same issues I found with any of the Libertys that came in for suspension issues and an upgrade to OME that had spacer lifts
RRO, Rustys, Daystar etc etc etc
Thats also how I got a 9 month old ARB bumper for 250 bucks , due to spacer lift ( well also got the spacer lift , RRO ) 3 worn out front shocks, 2 UCAs etc LOL
Regardless when i had the kit it served me well and my suspension parts did not wear out unnaturally

APJeepyKJ

Reaction score
Hi, I wish to do a 2" or 2.5" lift and would like to do it properly 1st time round. Can you recommend parts needed for my stock KJ 2005 3.7 petrol? I said properly but I'd like to aim for a mid budget. I'd like to avoid buying parts that are 3x more than the value of the vehicle. I'm thinking just strut extension brackets, front bumpstop extensions, and rear spring spacers. Do I need shocks and springs as well?

PS.... ive taken note from the comments....Avoid Daystar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.