2.4L powertech coil pack blister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gramps

Reaction score
has anyone ever seen a coil pack get a blister like this?

this is off my wifes '05 liberty, I'm still having problems trying to get it to run right.

Attachments

• DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0139.jpg
    DSCN0139.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 19

Gramps

Reaction score
I have no idea, the jeep was running like crud, so I set out to change the coil pack, cam position sensor, and crank sensor, it ran worse after I changed everything out, then I put the old cam position sensor back in it and it ran ok, but now has a different kind of misfire to it like it has bad plugs or something, or maybe wires, I need to get some plugs and wires and maybe another cam position sensor, still not sure if the new one I got is bad or not, can't figure out how to test it, still looking for some instructions somewhere on how you would test a cam position sensor.

Gramps

Reaction score
Oh, my subaru is like that, some stuff has to be subaru only, so maybe this is the same way? I bought the cam and crank sensors off ebay on the cheap, the crank sensor was 10 bucks, and the cam sensor was 20.

so I'm guessing I need to go to the dealer to buy the mopar versions?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking from personal experience, use mopar CPS and CKS.

use avondalewholesaleparts.com for your orders.

Latest posts

Members online