1st Post--Question on new 05 Liberty Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

db55

Reaction score
i have just purchased a new 2005 Liberty Sport in Patriot Blue with gray fenders. when cleaning the vehicle is it best to put some kind of protectant on these since they are plastic, or just leave them as they are.

:-k

misterzero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never put anything on them and they've stayed just like new. Just rinse up the Libby, wash it, rinse off, and dry (but like Rod Tidwell, I air dry). I've accidentally gotten some wax on the fenders, but it's wiped off without leaving that white stuff on the plastic. So it's all what you prefer, I'd say.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic protection

When I worked in a kayak shop we displayed several yaks outside all day long. The only way to keep the plastic from degrading was to use a product called 303 http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant. I use it on the plastic rail covers covers on my work truck because the plastic tiedowns in the stake hole degraded very quickly in the sun. It also works great on convertible tops.

db55

Reaction score
thanks for your replies. it is our first jeep and we think it's the best looking suv on the highway \:D/ . just gotta keep her looking new.