17 Inch Tires Vs 18 Inch Tires (Stock 2009 Liberty)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spolebitski

Reaction score
So what is the difference between the Fortera HL All Season Tires (18 Inch) and the Goodyear Wrangler HP Al-Season Tires (17 Inch).

Are fortera an inferior tire? Are they pointless with a 4WD?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, forteras are better, but HLs are just replacement for Wrangler HP (many jeepers despise them). I almost bought Fortera Tripletreads since they have a center line which supposed to help in snow , and there there are Silentarmors, that are quieter.

To add my opinion to your question, I don't think forteras are inferior tires, but you can do so much better than a fortera on 18".

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 18" Forterra's and they frigging suck!

I only have 18,000km on them and they are already 3/4 worn down with just light duty driving, and I've had not one, not two, but THREE tire punctures in the 5 months I've had this Jeep.

I am actually looking forward to when they wear out so I can replace them with some BFG all terrrains.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 18" Forterra's and they frigging suck!

I only have 18,000km on them and they are already 3/4 worn down with just light duty driving, and I've had not one, not two, but THREE tire punctures in the 5 months I've had this Jeep.

I am actually looking forward to when they wear out so I can replace them with some BFG all terrrains.

Are they considered 'soft ride' tires? I only recently learned that some car manufacturers on put 15,000 mile (9000km) tires. They provide a much softer ride, but you replace them constantly.

daveb

Reaction score
I had the Fortera Triple treads on my Cherokee they were super, and quiet. They were and still are one of the top rated SUV tire at the Tire Rack. To bad they don't make them in 18". I would never put a BF Goodrich tire on any vehicle, I put a set on my Dually and drove it less than 50 miles, took them back and made them give me a refund. They were dangerous the truck squirmed all over the road,they are junk.

Dave

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I have heard nothing but great things about BFG all terrains and mud terrains.

Am I mistaken? I thought these were generally thought as the 'gold standard' for offroaders?

I would love to hear other opinions, because I'm sure I am going to have to be changing these Fortera's off soon enough.