17 Inch Tire Sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nothing wrong with a 17" rim.When my current tires wear out I'll be bumping up to 17" rims,though I'll be bumping up to 37" tires also.The main reason for going to 17" rims(17x9) is that is the only size the rims I want are made in for the bolt pattern that I need.

Heck 20" rims are pretty common here but they have 42"+ tires mounted on them.

That's cool Troy.

But you do relize that there are only few choosen few who really understand!
Not to mention that your KJ isn't the norm in the rest of the world of Jeep Liberty's!

When I SFA our KJ I too will go to 17 inch wheels!

But for the everyday driver, 17 inch wheels just dont the same availability as, lets say a 15 or 16 inch wheel size.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
I installed a 245/70/17 anything bigger would have required alot more mods..

This size requres the pinch weld to be pounded down. and the lower air dam (on the front bumber) and inner fender to be trimmed due to minor rubbing. (pics to follow)

Good to know, thanks for the heads up, I guess I need to do more research. I have 29.5 now and before I was lifted I never had any rubbing issues of any kind. So if all I can go up to is a 30.5 i might hold off until I burn though the ones I have now... kopkrab.gif I guess 245/75/17 will be to much! LOL