17” Rubicon Wheels on a Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on putting 17” Rubicon wheels on a Liberty? I really like the way these look. I’d be putting them on a 2006.

Attachments

• 2B11BC1C-E610-41BC-964E-B51EAD550F42.jpeg
    2B11BC1C-E610-41BC-964E-B51EAD550F42.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 47

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would require adapter spacers due to the different lug spacing. While some run them with no problem they're not usually recommended. It's always better to just get wheels that actually fit.

I do like the way that looks convertable, but I wouldn't do it unless also adding a full cage/frame, which would require more power to handle the weight, which would require more robust running gear, which would cost lots of time and money, which i don't have much of either, sooo I'll keep the roof.

Redonthehead

dunnojacksquat
Reaction score
Same question from me too. I already bought them and now I don't know if they will fit without major work.

Wish I had found this site sooner cuz I think I messed up. Bought a set of 245/75/17 tires with wheels from a 2015 Wrangler for my 2005 KJ Renegade. Of course 1st thing I realize is the new wheels are 5x5. Before I look at adapter/spacers, etc., can anyone tell me if these wheels & tires are just not going to work on my KJ? I'm not opposed to lifting (up to 2.5") cuz I probably need new shocks and springs anyway... Any help is much appreciated.
(wheels 7.5" wide, 5.75" backspace if I measured right)

Canuck

Reaction score
Same question from me too. I already bought them and now I don't know if they will fit without major work.
What’s the overall height of your tire, in the photo that I posed it looks like their might be some clearance issues.

I sent an email to Synergy inquiring about a hub centric adapter.

Last edited:

molson57

Reaction score
Would require adapter spacers due to the different lug spacing. While some run them with no problem they're not usually recommended. It's always better to just get wheels that actually fit.

I do like the way that looks convertable, but I wouldn't do it unless also adding a full cage/frame, which would require more power to handle the weight, which would require more robust running gear, which would cost lots of time and money, which i don't have much of either, sooo I'll keep the roof.
I just put some on my 2006 CRD which I picked up brand new for $500. Gotta love those vain Rubicon drivers. I have a 2.5 lift. Because the lift still left the front lower I custom made a 1.5" spacer out of UHMW which helped on the clearance. I picked up the 1.25 wheel adapter spacers on eBay for not much $$. However even with that I still got a bit of rubbing. If you're not afraid to do some modifications to the wheel well they will work fine. Trimmed up the front plastic and folded the pinch weld... do not ever cut the pinch weld. Power wise it's fine, but then I'm running a custom map on the trans and ECU. Cruse on the highway at 1800 RPM at 70 mph... 28-30 mpg. So ya, you can do it. Just don't think it's plug n play.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 40

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally, #!, I LUV the convertible look! but i would have to wonder about wind buffeting at highway speeds. back on topic, I am not a fan of wheel spacers / adapters. car companies / engineers spend a great deal of effort and money to make vehicles safe. if wheel spacers were strong enough to be safe, they could save millions only having a few wheel choices fitted with a set of adapters.

chrisspeed321

Reaction score
I just put some on my 2006 CRD which I picked up brand new for $500. Gotta love those vain Rubicon drivers. I have a 2.5 lift. Because the lift still left the front lower I custom made a 1.5" spacer out of UHMW which helped on the clearance. I picked up the 1.25 wheel adapter spacers on eBay for not much $$. However even with that I still got a bit of rubbing. If you're not afraid to do some modifications to the wheel well they will work fine. Trimmed up the front plastic and folded the pinch weld... do not ever cut the pinch weld. Power wise it's fine, but then I'm running a custom map on the trans and ECU. Cruse on the highway at 1800 RPM at 70 mph... 28-30 mpg. So ya, you can do it. Just don't think it's plug n play.

Those classic pattern wheels will never grow old. It looks nice.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheap ebay spacers LOL
Yes I sure would trust my life with them NOT
Yes. It’s the studs they use in them are super sketchy. I’ve snapped off using a 4 way bar on someone else’s truck. Eeek