$165.00 installed, for a new Right Rear Quarter Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Was driving to work yesterday, when I heard a lout POP. I thought, great, got a nice dent in the car somewhere, from a rock or something. Well, stopped at a light, and decided to look around some more to see the passenger side rear quarter glass was completely fragmented. Thing is? There was no one beside me on that stretch of road, but when I got to the office, I could clearly see the impact point. Have no idea where the projectile came from, because as soon as I hear it, I looked to the right, NOTHING was there. 3-days after I bought it, I also got a whack to the windshield, and got a chip in IT now... For some reason, every car I get, I get window damage, EVERY SINGLE ONE... My avenger had little dings and chips in the window, the tracker had a crack in the window, plus other cars I had; ALL from projectiles... I never see anything or anybody around when it happens, so I guess I am always being hit by meteor fragments or space debris, because there was NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE or NOTHING around at the times it happens.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL.. Meteor Fragments....

Sure is crazy, but hey, glass damage is better than body damage, at least for me as i have full glass coverage with no deductible.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an extremely odd window get busted out like that.

Sure someone's not taking pop shots at you? Kidding.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. That sounds strange. And you saw nothing? Must have been a UFO....Unseen Flying Object........wierd.

Dave

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
It was definitely a projectile that caused it. The dude from Safelite auto glass saw it as well. It looks stupid now, because ALL the windows were tinted, and this replacement is dark, but it is not as dark as the driver side one. So, I will need to get a piece of tint cut for it. This crap happens to me all the time, no matter what, I get glass damage within 3-days of owning a car.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least you got it done and out of the way right?? LOL

Could have been worse, the same day i bought my KJ, within hours, i hit a deer with mine.

Latest posts

Members online