13mpg normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think you guys are all pretty lucky. Looking at my gas app (which I am pretty obsessive over) tells me my avg mpg is 11.88 with an all time high of 13.66. I am up for an oil change and coolant flush and really should do spark plugs and such because the rental I got it from didn't have maintenance records (seriously?!?) but all in all I don't think that's too far off for island driving. If we wanted the most efficient drivers we wouldn't have bought tanks, right?

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't even see how that's possible. Are you just using an EVIC calculation?

You don't see how what is possible?

What wouldn't be possible is using EVIC...our Jeep doesn't have it.

Tinkrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 KJ under 72000miles 13.5 is lofty goal to strive for I'm averaging 12.2 mostly arround town driving. I've kept track of every drop of fuel that has gone into the vehicle.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very possible if conditions are right. Especially 22 mpg.

You'll never see that with a 3-4 inch lift tho.

Rethought: It's a 2006. I'm clocking about 19-20 on my current tank in my 2004. So I'd figure a newer engine with the better transmission can probably do it.

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see 18-22 combined with my stock at the moment 28in tires and 4:10s the previous owners installed to pull a camper and horse trailer, they also installed a diff skid lol dont know what the purpose for a couple that I bought it off of had for a diff skid but what ever.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of different factors play in as many know on here. I had over 3 inches of lift and bfg kms that weigh a ton. I get 16 mpg with that. Highway maybe 21 20 on a normal day. If I had 4.10s I may get 22 on the highway. That's just my setup. Today I took out my clevis lift and extra isos. I may be getting more street friendly tires too. I'm looking to see a nice increase in mpg. That isn't why I took it down tho. If I get even back to 17 I'll be happy.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bone stock 04 liberty, but it is a manual transmission... I average 18 mgp. I drive aggressively and about 50/50 city/highway. I feel a stock liberty under 16 probably needs some work. If it's lifted then I have no input, lol.

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of 12mpg tanks.
I average about 15 (70% city) over the last 25 tanks.
My best ever was about 20 - 100% freeway.
Renegade (Jeep Liberty) | Fuelly

All stock. It's due for a service, so maybe it's just in need of some fresh fluids

Apparently the lightbar drops mpg a little, but here in SA the Renegade lightbar only has two spots. So I reckon it's negligible

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 25 mpg was a best for us. It was when we were on vacation a couple years back. We were out of state, the speed limit was 55, and I didn't want a ticket, so I set the cc at just under 60 and drove. I'm sure that had alot to do with it. Also, I had just put new plugs in it and changed all the fluids before we left. Basically, everything was ideal for mpg.

raekira

Reaction score
I've also got a straight up stock Libby. I do mostly city driving now, less than 5 miles at a time but every day. I was getting about 12 mpg but after a thorough tune up last month I'm back up to 14.25 mpg. This is the best/most consistent since I got it two years ago.
Before it'd be 13 one month, down to 11 the next, then back up to 13. I drive with a light foot but sometimes the ****** roads require a heavier foot. That and the ****** drivers! :happy175:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Our best fuel economy is achieved when we drive around 60-65 mph.
Even when loaded down with camping gear we get around 22 mpg and sometimes 23!

On another note, there's a tool on Jeepforum.com who claims 28 mpg, with a huge homemade roof top cargo basket!
With a 3.7 litre!

Oh sure!:happy175:

Last edited:

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are yall going off of what the jeep is telling you? my jeep tells me im averaging 20.3mpgs but when i do the actual math myself its 18.6. i did do some grandma style driving and hit an actual 19.6 but thats boring lol.

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps today were in the 50's, with some high winds. Figured the Jeep would love this temp, got 18.7MPG average on the way home today, going 77-80MPH entire way lol...