10 Pm and still light enough.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's 10 pm, pretty soon we'll have 24hrs of sunshine. Gotta keep the KJ HJ'd, no dark to hide the dirt!!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luke, I'm on the concrete pad outside the airfield perimeter where rubber-neckers can come and watch jets take-off and land n stuff.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luke, I'm on the concrete pad outside the airfield perimeter where rubber-neckers can come and watch jets take-off and land n stuff.

It is cool they allow that. I live by Luke AFB and all the land surrounding the base has been closed off and no one is allowed to watch the jets come and go.

I get an airshow all day at my house though :cool:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ptsb, it only gets dark up there when you get drunk and pass out?

:D

Dave

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ptsb, it only gets dark up there when you get drunk and pass out?

:D

Dave

Something like that. My first summer this far north I had some friends over for beers and s'mores in the backyard and didn't realise how late it was until I went in for a piss and looked at the clock, HOLY CRAP, 4 am and I have to work in a couple of hours???

I save my drinkin' shennanigans (beer) (note that the little .gif dude likes Guiness too!!) for Friday/Saturday nights during the summer months.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you north of 60 degrees? It looks like you would have to go into YT or NWT for a true 24 hours. I am well above 60 degrees here and the sun does set, but we get a twilight from like 0000 till maybe 0430, and then the sun starts coming back again. Would need to go to Barrow (above the Arctic Circle) for the sun never setting. Did experience no sun set in Greenland at Thule. Sucker just made a big circle in the sky. Then as summer moved in it would dip lower in the northern sky, until it started getting dark again. Conversely there was a time in the winter when it did not come above the horizon in the south. As you well know, you get used to it.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Al7fi, I'm at just a hair above 55 deg N. During the summer solstice, the sun sort of hugs the horizon. So, not really sun up for 24 hours but enough daylight to not need a light on to read a book outside at 2 am.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up here at Lat 47-48 we still have a little light on the horizon at 11pm. Love the summers here.