1 more ****** question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcj7161

Reaction score
Thanks for all the previous help

When at a stop sign or stop light I get the feeling the truck is trying to move forward....it isn't consistent ..like a tap tap from the rear end or the truck is trying to move forward.
Does anyone else experience this and is it the brakes or the rear end/******?
I am moving from 20 years of 5 spd standard so it just may be my learning curve.
And yes I do love the liberty so far

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't recall anything like that but I've had mine for almost four years now and I find it hard to recall what happened yesterday :p :rolleyes:

Might want to make sure your foot isn't slipping off the brake pedal onto the gas, they are pretty close together and I find mine doing that occasionally :eek:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds normal. The torque convertor in the kj seems to do that. You will also notice it in reverse when backing up a hill.

You may also get a 'shudder' when going up a hill while its locked in 4th on the hw(around 40-55mph).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
As with many questions people ask on these Jeep forums...

our favorite reply is... as previously said... NORMAL. :p Most automatics (behind relatively torquey engines) I've driven do the same thing.