1.25" adapters on unlifted KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barca64

Reaction score
Hello. I want to add wheel adapters to my 05 Liberty so I can put 5 x 5 lug pattern rims on the 5 x 4.5 wheel studs. It seems the 1.25" spacer adapters are the standard, however my jeep is not lifted.
Will the extra 1.25" of spacing cause any problems on my Jeep??
Any advice helps. Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I want to add wheel adapters to my 05 Liberty so I can put 5 x 5 lug pattern rims on the 5 x 4.5 wheel studs. It seems the 1.25" spacer adapters are the standard, however my jeep is not lifted.
Will the extra 1.25" of spacing cause any problems on my Jeep??
Any advice helps. Thanks.

Going to be some issues with rubbing
First with sag you have ( assuming since it is a KJ )
Then adding spacers bring the wheel further out into the wheelwell
so will hit front and rear both in the front wheelwells
Even when new that setup would cause some extra rub depending of course of choice of tires

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be some issues with rubbing
First with sag you have ( assuming since it is a KJ )
Then adding spacers bring the wheel further out into the wheelwell
so will hit front and rear both in the front wheelwells
Even when new that setup would cause some extra rub depending of course of choice of tires

Rim backspacing is a big factor too. Depends on what type of rim you're getting

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what any decent (still POS) adapter set will cost, simply invest in proper wheels.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For what any decent (still POS) adapter set will cost, simply invest in proper wheels.

Bob

RIGHT ON !!! :icon_lol:
These people installing " so called cheap JK wheels" still forking out 200 for a good set of spacers , just missed a set of Moabs for 125 for all 5

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RIGHT ON !!! :icon_lol:
These people installing " so called cheap JK wheels" still forking out 200 for a good set of spacers , just missed a set of Moabs for 125 for all 5

Boy, I'd sure love to find a full set of moabs for $125.
Even $125 on top of that $200 for spacers wouldn't be realestic for a set of 5 moabs from the prices I've seen lately.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I'm SURE it's just a coincidence that every member here and on any other automotive forum with any real tire shop/suspension experience would rather have a case of the clap than a set of spacers.:manos:

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put spacer adapters on mine years ago, only because I wanted to keep my color matching Renegade wheels. However, I used good billet hub-centric adapters, not cheap POS ones, nor the kind that gives one the clap! ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I put spacer adapters on mine years ago, only because I wanted to keep my color matching Renegade wheels. However, I used good billet hub-centric adapters, not cheap POS ones, nor the kind that gives one the clap! ;)

Oh not these right?
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, I'm SURE it's just a coincidence that every member here and on any other automotive forum with any real tire shop/suspension experience would rather have a case of the clap than a set of spacers.:manos:

Bob

I know
You must be registered for see images attach