08 Liberty Auto Trans.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rduffy6

Reaction score
Hey there, I bought the new 08 liberty in october and I must say overall I love the Jeep. I've always wanted one and it was definitely worth the wait. I've only had cars before and they simply don't compare to the Jeep, This winter was a lot of fun playing around with it off road and in the snow. The only thing is I was wondering for you others out there with an auto how smooth it felt. It seems to hit kinda hard from first to second especially when you're not giving it a lot of gas. Is that just the normal feel to it or do I have a potential problem with it. Any feed back would be appreciated, Thanks!

Rduffy6

Reaction score
Cool, like I said I don't mind it just wanted to make sure it was normal....Thanks

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I bought the new 08 liberty in october and I must say overall I love the Jeep. I've always wanted one and it was definitely worth the wait. I've only had cars before and they simply don't compare to the Jeep, This winter was a lot of fun playing around with it off road and in the snow. The only thing is I was wondering for you others out there with an auto how smooth it felt. It seems to hit kinda hard from first to second especially when you're not giving it a lot of gas. Is that just the normal feel to it or do I have a potential problem with it. Any feed back would be appreciated, Thanks!

I experience exactly the same thing with my '07.

jeepstrat

Reaction score
Mine actually jumps (literally throws me forward in the seat) when pulling back on the accelerator after gunning it. I only have 60 miles on it, so I figure the computer is learning driving habits and will adjust (I hope).

Latest posts

Members online