07 Liberty Lift!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
I am looking at piecing together an OME lift on the JBA site. I have the 927/948 spring combo selected after sorting through post the past few weeks. I also have added a set of Rear upper isos to go with the springs. I already purchased rear shocks for an 04 Dakota 4x4 to go with new lift. I have two questions I need help with!

1. I originally purchased Daystar and learned my lesson before even getting it aligned properly... I did however keep the top strut mount plates on there. Do you guys believe they will be enough to go with OME springs and new struts up front?

2. Is there anything else part wise that I should go ahead and purchase? 600 is my max to spend.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking at piecing together an OME lift on the JBA site. I have the 927/948 spring combo selected after sorting through post the past few weeks. I also have added a set of Rear upper isos to go with the springs. I already purchased rear shocks for an 04 Dakota 4x4 to go with new lift. I have two questions I need help with!

1. I originally purchased Daystar and learned my lesson before even getting it aligned properly... I did however keep the top strut mount plates on there. Do you guys believe they will be enough to go with OME springs and new struts up front?

2. Is there anything else part wise that I should go ahead and purchase? 600 is my max to spend.

So you already had a 1/4 inch top plate added to your Daystar? If so yes you can keep it as long as you toss everything that came with the daystar kit

What brand shocks are you going with front and rear?
Do you have bumpstops yet?

Going to be almost impossible to do a good lift for 600, I mean 4 springs and just cheaper Bilstein front shocks is 546 with nothing else

Last edited:

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
Yes- I left the 1/4 inch top plate from Daystar added when I took the junk spacers off. I have Bilsteins in my cart on JBA for the front and I already have almost brand new Monroes for an 04 Dakota ready to go on rear(already have and can't return).

Bumpstops are the one thing that I haven't added to my cart yet. Any suggestions? I have been reading about Hockey pucks for the rear.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes- I left the 1/4 inch top plate from Daystar added when I took the junk spacers off. I have Bilsteins in my cart on JBA for the front and I already have almost brand new Monroes for an 04 Dakota ready to go on rear(already have and can't return).

Bumpstops are the one thing that I haven't added to my cart yet. Any suggestions? I have been reading about Hockey pucks for the rear.

I wouldn't use anything from the daystar
Bilsteins are an OK shock, although I would suggest something better for the rear ASAP than the monroes, with weaker shocks it works the springs more cauing them to wear out faster. Only Monroes I would even suggest are the SensaTracs.
Hockey pucks work great for the rear, front Teraflex are the only ones that make them

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
The SensaTracs are actually what is going on the rear with the lift. Going to go ahead and purchase the Teraflex bump stops and actually go all Ironman struts/springs. Only thing I am keeping is the Monroe rear shocks for the time being. JBA usually have everything in stock? Thanks for the advice by the way!

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
I forgot to mention. My Jeep is at the Dealership and getting new CV joints on both sides and new drive shaft installed all warranty covered! Figured I might as well use the extended warranty I paid for before it expired.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The SensaTracs are actually what is going on the rear with the lift. Going to go ahead and purchase the Teraflex bump stops and actually go all Ironman struts/springs. Only thing I am keeping is the Monroe rear shocks for the time being. JBA usually have everything in stock? Thanks for the advice by the way!

Ironman will not give quite as much lift and you'll have a nose down stance much like stock ( 1/4 or so less than OME )

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well noted on everything! Gyro- going to start fabbing up the brake line extensions once I hit the order button thanks for the heads up!

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and ended up going Ironman all the way around except rear shocks.. I may need to sleep in the Jeep after the Wife said no and I did it anyway! Ill post before and after specs for anyone else on the fence for Ironman lift.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and ended up going Ironman all the way around except rear shocks.. I may need to sleep in the Jeep after the Wife said no and I did it anyway! Ill post before and after specs for anyone else on the fence for Ironman lift.

It's ok! I'm 6'1" and I fit in the Jeep. Actually prefer it most of the time!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should get cracking on that mini camper design I wanted to create for the jeep. plan is to pull the rear seats completely and have a bed, mini fridge, hot plate, tool and parts storage for track days. :D

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Always easier to ask for forgiveness than to beg permission.....:gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
" Did I do wrong in lifting the Liberty and making it ride better, handle better so its safer when you are riding in it Dear? I was only thinking of your overall comfort and safety, so I thought I was doing the right thing. I only wanted you to be happy, but I guess I messed up again, can you forgive me? "

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
She was fine with it actually today after I finally broke down and told her. I even told her I will just install it myself to save some cash.. She insisted to have it installed by a mechanic! I guess I can't complain since I really don't feel like messing with it in the cold garage. Her biggest thing was the money wasted on the Daystar lift. Lesson learned! The bumpstops and rear isolators shipped today. Hoping everything else is able to ship this week.

07LibertyNKY

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

My 07 Liberty after doing Ironman all the way around except for the Rear shocks! It rides a lot better than before, but then again I had a busted front strut.. The front was around 18 inches before and 21 after with rear at 19 inches and 22 inches after.

The only problem I am having as of now is a popping noise when I turn right. I am going to get it back in the garage and check it out. Any thoughts? My first instinct is to check tightness of everything and then ball joints.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have the weight on the ground when you tightened everything?

ROMEO KJ

Reaction score
Hi Tom, You said the Bilsteins were just "OK". What shocks would you recommend with a OME 926/947?
Just joined the forum. I am getting ready to lift my 05 Renagade.

Thanks, Gary

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom, You said the Bilsteins were just "OK". What shocks would you recommend with a OME 926/947?
Just joined the forum. I am getting ready to lift my 05 Renagade.

Thanks, Gary

First why the 926/947 combo?
Second first choice is OME shocks
second Ironman
Third Bilstein

ROMEO KJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Tom. Mainly for a more confident and less wallow ride without the sacrifice of a smoothness/comfort. It will rarely be off road. Would the 927/948 be a better combo? Stock bumpers. No plans for aftermarket or winch. I need new tires. (245/70/16 or 245/75/16) Figured I would do the lift at the same time. Just the 2.5" OME. Not exactly sure of the spring rates between the 926 and 927.
Thanks, Gary

Last edited: