07 Evic Problem..I'm stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdnjeepin

Reaction score
Sooooooooo

Jeep - 2007 Liberty Sport

Evic - From 2007 Liberty Ltd.

Evic has - Homelink, Sunroof and TPMS

I was able to get the complete wiring harness for it, So I stripped out the EVIC part of it and wired it to the factory plug (connector 308, left rear quarter)

Wired as such

Overhead side

Bk/Wht -Ground - Pin 12
Wt/Vt - PCI Bus - Pin 14
Rd - Fused B+ - Pin 3
Bk/Pnk - Fused Ign. - Pin 8

Body side

Bk/Wht - Ground - Pin 12
Wt/Vt - PCI Bus - Pin 14
Rd - Fused B+ - Pin 3
Pk/LG - Fused Ign - Pin 8

Plug it all in and Nothing.

Open a door and voila, it lights up, tells me what door is open. I can then scroll through the menu feature, and pressing homelink buttons lights up the display.

Close door and it shows compass and temp, which are correct. I can, if I am fast, press the step button to scroll through till the screen slowly fades out to nothing.

If I depress C/T and reset and open the door I get " Passed Self Test" and can get the EVIC series # etc.

Close door and it all goes away.

I have tried everything, even switching the Fused B+ and Ign power, no change, tried with constant power to Ign pin and still nothing...

I am stumped on this one.

Any Ideas? Bad EVIC?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id say keep changing ign power till you find one that works regardless of door position. although i don't know much about them. sounds like its only getting power when the door is open. Could be something with the map lights.. I changed my map light bulbs to ebay LEDS and they did some weird stuff. they would never go completely off and when you pressed them they would light up. then open the door with them pressed and they got even brighter. weirddd.. So I changed them back to stock.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ground wire is tapped into the dome light circuit and its switched on and off with the dome lights...

Take the ground from the EVIC and go to a body ground.