06 w/Premium Sound Pkg...Volume Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 KJ Special Edition has the premium sound package...6 disc, steering wheel controls...etc.
For some reason, I have to crank the sound volume up to about level 21 or higher to get decent volume out of the thing. This is especially true when listening to CD's.

This seems unusual to me being that the max volume level is about 38, I think. It IS loud at max level (too loud really) but it just seems to be a small difference between "normal operating level" and max.

I know there are supposed to be amps on the front door speakers...could there be a problem there you suppose?

Anybody else notice this or is my hearing really getting that bad? eek2.gif

Paul
________
green crack pictures

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think that's probably about right. My mother's '05 has that same system and I routinely crank hers to about 18-20 for good volume.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Heath.

Well, at least I don't have to go looking for hearing aids right now =D>

Paul
________
buy vapir one

Last edited:

rebelram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Sport with the RBK deck and 6 speakers. Not sure if it's the premium sound system or not. But I find that most of the time when I listen to CDs or the radio my volume is usually set at 18 to 22. It's not overly loud at that level. Then again I'm pretty sure my hearing isn't what it used to be. With road and wind noise anything below about 12 is difficult for me to hear.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I double checked my mother's yesterday and I was right. I have to turn it to about 18-22 just for good volume, more if you really wanna rock out..... \:D/

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's about where I have to keep it, especially on the highway.

I guess it's normal then, since it seems everyone else is in the same boat.

Paul
________
Subaru 360 specifications

Last edited:

bfaas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with an fm transmitter for an ipod 38 doesn't even cut it ](*,)

i need to get my new deck!