06 Liberty w/ condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 2006 Jeep Liberty after my 2002 LIberty died at 235K miles on it!!

Question . . . I notice a lot of water drips coming from under the engine, passenger side. When I lift the hood, I can see a metal tubing near the coolant reservoir which connect to the left side of the engine compartment.

This tube is also covered in condensation.

I do not recall seeing this metal tubing in my 2002 LIberty and wonder what all this condensation is from? My coolant level is good so I do NOT believe I am losing fluids.

HELP!!

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the liquid in the tube used for AC remain under ( high or low I don't remember ) pressure it will remain cold for quite a long time so I wouldn't worry about it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2006 liberty, the A/C also runs in the floor, floor/defrost, and defrost mode. Personally I thing its stupid. I took my controls apart and made it so the A/C only runs in the pure defrost mode. I do not need the A/C running in the floor mode.