06 Grand Cherokee, where is the lo-gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they stop making grands with lo-gear, or they are ALL TIME 4x4 without selection anymore... I had a grand cherokee last week as loaner, and though it was 2wd, but when I checked the badge it said 4x4.. :-k are they full time 4x4 by default now?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The WK does have three versions of it's four-wheel drive, and yes they are all full-time.

Quadra-Trac I (similar to selec-trac in the KJ, but always on)
Quadra-Trac II (adds the ability to send 100% of torque to the axle with the most traction)
Quarda-Drive (adds the ability to send 100% of torque to the wheel(s) with the most traction)

They also do each offer four-wheel low like our KJ's. It wouldn't be a Jeep without it, and for one what makes a Jeep's four-wheel drive special!

Someday I do want a Jeep with a Hemi, and Quarda-Drive. (biggrin)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might have been Quadra-Trac I but there was no 4lo selective button/switch in sight anywhere.. So that one did not have it :-s

SquirrelWJ

Reaction score
Yup. Stay away from the V6 Laredo in the WK's, as I believe that's the one that typically gets the "AWD" option.

Personally, I'll stick to my Selec-Trac on my 02 WJ. I like having control of my 4WD and what type of 4WD.

Edit: And next time, I'll have to look when a question was posted... :p

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah Grogie, 4LO isn't in the Quadra-Trac I system. This actually started with the WJ.

As of now, nothing without low range is Trail Rated.

Wrangler - TR
Liberty - TR
Grand Cherokee - TR only with Quadra-Trac II / Quadra-Drive
Commander - Same as Grand Cherokee
Patriot - Only with Freedom-Drive II
Compass - No way.