'05 Renegade Beach cruiser....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Live at the South Jersey shore, do a lot of surf fishing and surfing, so my Renny spends a lot of time in the sand......
You must be registered for see images attach

As you can tell from my license plates...(and the side mounted antenna).... I'm also an Amateur Radio operator.....

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on bringing my '05 Renny down to OBX in a few weeks. There all sorts of great beach driving down there. However, it looks like we're going to be taking my brothers...(brace yourselves)... Kia Soul. Therefore, no beach driving for me. But I'll get some dirt road driving in at the end of June. NASCAR race weekend!

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanna sell your rock rails??

Not really, I kinda like having them on there......

Jeeps and fishing, my two favorite things........

Throw in longboard surfing and it's my 3 favorite things....

My son is in the process of buying one. He just got an '07 Jeep Compass, had it for a week and a half, and some non-English speaking immigrant jacked a left turn right in front of him, totaled his Compass before he even got to put the license plates on it. Can't seem to find another Compass with low miles, but for the same money he can get a brand new Kia Soul with all the options, so that's what he's getting.....(and to think his first ride was a '97 Grand Cherokee).....](*,)

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Like zoomie said, can't beat Jeeps and fishing! Glad to see another KJ owner from Jersey on here!

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple more shots in her natural element......(on the beach).....;)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hmmm .. looks vaguely familiar ;)

Sweet... I take it that is your rod holder .... on the front?

Ya ya That what she said ... :D

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I love that color! Nice Renny!

BTW-Wanna sell your rock rails?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah.....I like my stock rock rails......

The color was one of the things that sold me on this KJ when I bought it, thanks for the compliment......

They are not rock rails, they are aesthetically pleasing tinfoil tubes. They get crushed if you look at them wrong. ;)

Question: Do you always drive around with those fishing rod holders on, or only when you go fishing?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not rock rails, they are aesthetically pleasing tinfoil tubes. They get crushed if you look at them wrong. ;)

Question: Do you always drive around with those fishing rod holders on, or only when you go fishing?

Bet they make a badass pipe organ noise on the highway.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rod holders are permanently mounted, so yes they are always on there...

They make no noise, even at hiway speeds....

Those rock rails are a lot stronger than you seem to think eyehatetofu, they're as thick as iron pipe, braced and mounted with thick plate steel. May not be up to the same qualifications as some after market rails, but they're by no means "tinfoil tubes".......either way, there's very little rock climbing to be done here in the South Jersey Pine Barrens, it's all sand and gravel in the woods, or beach driving on the coast, so maybe I should call them driftwood rails, instead of rock rails.....:D

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the "after lift" alignment done this morning, then after hitting a few items on the "honey do list" I took a nice ride through the woods on a couple hunting trails. Found a little mud to play in, some soft sand, but most of it was hard and dry........

This trail is in the Atlantic County Park, it starts at the entry way to the County Shooting Range, and ends at the County Golf Course....

This photo was taken at the end of the main trail, behind my KJ you can see a chain link fence put up to keep hunters, dirt bikers and 4 X4's from entering the golf course.....

Playing in the ruts.....

On the main trail it's fairly wide, but on some of the side trials I was rubbing a lot of foliage, and had to lay over my Ham Radio antenna since it was taking a beating.....

I took part of this trail prior to doing the 2.5" lift, today I felt a little more confident in going farther, and through some of the water holes I avoided on my first trip.
When I got home the wife looked at all the mud on my Liberty, shook her head and mumbled something about a midlife crisis.....I told her the next time she should come with me.....;)