05 Rear driver side door and window stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjtilney

Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving and I rolled up my back right window. It made a grinding noise, and didn't go up. When I got home I tried to open the back right door, and it was stuck as well.

Facts:
1. Back right door and window are stuck
2. Window can move freely up and down with my hands, and does not fall
3. Can hear window motors turning, window does not respond
4. Door opens about a half inch, then jams

Anyone heard of a door jamming and window getting stuck at the same time? how can I fix it if I can't open the door?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Scott
2005 Jeep liberty Sport 4x4 3.7L

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gear in the window motor has become stripped and the spiral gear that goes through the motor that is attached the window has probably gone to far down and looped around towards the door latch and interfering with it.

I had this happen to me about two years ago. I ordered a whole new Window Motor assembly for about 100 some bucks off of ebay. Took about 45min to an hour to replace it. Not hard at all.

Last edited:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 if you take it to a dealer it will be warranted but you can do a better upgrade your self at home but you will have to pay for it your self.