05 jeep Pioneer Avic-N3 No Sound Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmastudios

Reaction score
Hey im in a little jam,
05 jeep liberty
avic-n3
kicker amp,subs and spl cap.

installed everything at once, and everything on the avic-n3
is running and playing, but no audio whats so ever.
the amps not turning on either, as well as the capacitor.

any ideas.... Thanks so much,

ps. the options to adjust the bass,spl,and treble are disabled as well.
and i grounded the green parking brake, did not hook up the speed sensor wire or the reverse wire and i fliped the switch on the back of the head unit.

GregScuba

Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about. I had the same exact problem when I installed my aftermarket head unit. It took me just a bit to figure it out.

You have to make sure you connect the blue remote turn on lead from your Pioneer to the corresponding lead on your wring harness adapter. I guess there is some sort of protection circuit in our KJs that prevents current from flowing to the speakers unless the headunit is powered up and sending power to the blue remote turn on lead.

Hope this works for you. Good luck.

nmastudios

Reaction score
thnx

Thats what it was, Thanks so much !!! i was going crazy.

the last 2 cars i had simple connected the remote lead from cd player to amp and bing...

but right now i have the factory speakers working
soon as i hooked up the neg.terminal the capacitor lite up for the first time since i charged it. but then when i started the vehicle it went out and the amp didnt turn on... so im gonna have to check the remote line out to it, because i had to rig it up wierd because there wasnt a screw to screw it is so i just tapped it in. maybe the cap. isn't working.

but thanks, atleast i got the factory speakers working. lol =)