05-07 EVIC Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
There are apparently 2 evic version regarding tpm, one will show actual tire pressure readings, the other will only display a low tire pressure warnings, I am still trying to determine the part number of the one with the actual pressure display Bob

As far as I know, the EVIC only supports one version of Tire Pressure Monitoring Display System (TPMS). The other system you might be thinking of is the Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning System (TPM?). It is entirely different, uses different sensing technology, has nothing to do with EVIC and mearly emits a red light on the instrument panel when a tire pressure drops below a predetermined threshold.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
56010520AD-Without TPMS
56010527AD-With TPMS

The AD, AE, etc. are revision numbers.

An OTIS/EVIC will not be able to read the temp if it is less than '04 and you have an '04+ Liberty.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to pull my evic and see what part # I have, I have the TPMS but all my evic tells me is when a tire is low, but does tell me when the spare is low it does not give me the actual readouts, which is what I thought I had when I bought the Lib, a very minor issue I guess, but an annoying one to me

Bob

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a followup.
2005 EVIC with TPMS PSI (and Homelink) +
Pressure sensors for 2005+ Libbys installed +
2007 Libby Sport =
Does not work.

The 2002-2004 EVICs use a single receiver to read TPMS thus the need to be trained as to what tire is in what location. 2005+ EVICs use trigger sensors mounted in both front and right rear wheelwells. 2005+ Sport models do not come with the triggers.

What needs to be determined at this point is whether the wiring for the triggers is present from the factory or whether it was omitted. If anyone can help with locating the trigger locations (hopefully with pics) on their 2005+ Limited or other equipped model, it would be greatly appreciated.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was positive that would be the case. I wish people that are not familiar with components would stop posting stuff and leading you to believe you can go waste almost 200 bucks on the sensors and make it work. If you're unable to add the antennas into the wheel wells now, you're out a lot of money. Not to mention you were lead to believe this would be as simple as 200 in parts and very well may now have to invest a sizeably larger amount to make it work.

I will check mine out when it warms up some, but no promises I will be able to visually identify anything. They are most likely not protruding into the wheel well or just hidden behind the guard. I would bet they are mounted far away from the elements under the quarterpanels.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there seems to be some major confusion as what works and what does not. The EVIC faq that is out there is very dated at this point and does not address the changes in the TPMS infrastructure in the 2005+ Libbys. Once I determine what works and what does not, I am going to write up a definitive FAQ as to what you need to get TMPS working in a 2005+ Libby...or if it is even possible if the system is not factory installed.

If I can't get it to work, I'm out $170. But it's my fault since there was no consensus as to the validity of individuals' claims of feasibility. If I buy the triggers (I have the part numbers now), I am putting myself in the position of guinea pig for the KJ community. The thing that ***** is that the cost of the pressure sensors and triggers is the price of a nice set of rock rails. :(

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some reason you couldn't install an'02 to '04 EVIC with TPMS and wheel sensors on your '07? As far as I know, there is no additional wiring and no triggers needed. With the '04 Liberty EVIC, you would have ambient temp, but with others you would not. Any other limitations?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory, that should work, provided he got the old TPMS sensors. It may work with the new ones but I am quite certain the 04s used the boxier sensors. No matter what this is all hypothetical and who wants to wager that much money on a remote possibility. An 04 with TPMS is about to close on ebay right now for 115.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working temp was more important to me than TPMS, which is why went with an 05+ EVIC. The EVIC I got just happened to have TPMS. I was not actively seeking it.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some reason you couldn't install an'02 to '04 EVIC with TPMS
'04 yes, it's what i have in my '05, and the temp works. '02-03, i believe the temp sensor would not work. I also have '04 sensors, it's sounds like the '05 sensors will not work with an '04 evic.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For this you need the transponders that read the wheel sensors

TRANSPONDER
DESCRIPTION
A transponder is located in three of the four wheel
wells of the vehicle to provide the SKREEM with the
location of the tire pressure sensors on the vehicle.
The transponders are located in the left front, right
front and right rear wheel wells. A fourth sensor is
not necessary in the remaining wheel well due to the
process-of-elimination theory. Once the system knows
the location of the first three sensors it assumes the
location of the fourth tire pressure sensor is in the
left rear tire.
OPERATION
Transponders located in three of the four wheel
wells of the vehicle to provide the Wireless Control
Module (WCM) located in the Sentry Key Remote
Entry Module (SRKEEM) with the location of the tire
pressure sensors on the vehicle. The transponders
are located in the left front, right front and right rear
wheel wells. A fourth sensor is not necessary in the
remaining wheel well due to the process-of-elimination
theory. Once the system knows the location of
the first three sensors it assumes the location of the
fourth tire pressure sensor is in the left rear tire.
REMOVAL
FRONT TRANSPONDER
(1) Raise and support the vehicle.
(2) Remove the front part wheel well housing cover
and pull it back toward the tire to gain access to the
transponder.
(3) Remove the mounting nuts (1) for the transponder
(2) from the mounting bracket. (Fig. 33).
(4) Disconnect the electrical connector (3) and
remove the transponder (2) from the vehicle (Fig. 33).
REAR TRANSPONDER
(1) Raise and support the vehicle.
(2) Drill out the rivets (2) for the transponder
mounting bracket (1) (Fig. 34).
(3) Disconnect the electrical connector (3) (Fig. 34).
(4) Pull the transponder (1) with the bracket down
and remove the mounting nuts (2) for the transponder
(1) (Fig. 35).
(5) Remove the transponder (1) from the bracket
(3) (Fig. 35).

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'll tear into the wheel wells tonight and see what's there...or not there as the case may be.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
Is there some reason you couldn't install an'02 to '04 EVIC with TPMS
'04 yes, it's what i have in my '05, and the temp works. '02-03, i believe the temp sensor would not work. I also have '04 sensors, it's sounds like the '05 sensors will not work with an '04 evic.

I, too, read that thread and it has be very worried to buy an EVIC I found that has TPMS. Same model number as he had, so it is from an 04. I have an 06, so 06 tire pressure sensors built in already and I don't want to buy the 04 sensors plus pay to have them installed when I already have the sensors. I might as well just buy a new 06 EVIC with TPMS for the cost that would be involved.

CATCRD

Reaction score
scoobybri said:
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'll tear into the wheel wells tonight and see what's there...or not there as the case may be.

Did you find out if your sport has the transponders installed from the factory?

I just put an 06 EVIC in my 05 CRD, and I have the 05+ sensors ready to install. Right now when the car is powered up with the sensors sitting in the cupholders I get -- next to each tire on the EVIC display.

Any news?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but it can't be done. The transponder antenna, whatever you want to call them, that goes in 3 of the 4 wheel wells does not exist and neither does the wiring. You cannot use an 05+ KJ EVIC with TPMS in an 05+ Sport KJ as it MUST have the antennas, wiring between them, and the ability for the vehicle to interface. Basically, ONLY a Limited has the ability to use a TPMS EVIC from 05+ since it has the ability to process the signals from the antennas. You are best off getting ahold of an 04 KJ EVIC that has TPMS on it and buying 04 sensors. The 04 system interacts directly between the EVIC and the 04 sensors to determine pressure, so there is no need for anything inbetween.

chomot

Reaction score
Some EVIC TPMS models: ('02) 56042756AF; ('02/3)...AG; ('03/4)...AI; ('04)...AJ from the Grand Cherokee.

The '05 Liberty models are 56010520 AA; AB; AD. I'm not sure, but suspect the AD is the TPMS model.

Good info but I have a question in reverse. For the EVIC 56042756AF the part number of tire sensors that comes with it originally is 52088990AC.

The quesiton I have is will sensors 56053030AC and or 68001696AA work with this console?

I can get a 56042756AF console and now I am trying to locate the tire sensors that will work with it and it would help if I knew all the PNs that would work.

Thanks

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info but I have a question in reverse. For the EVIC 56042756AF the part number of tire sensors that comes with it originally is 52088990AC.

The quesiton I have is will sensors 56053030AC and or 68001696AA work with this console?

I can get a 56042756AF console and now I am trying to locate the tire sensors that will work with it and it would help if I knew all the PNs that would work.

Thanks

The information you quoted is not entirely accurate. There is NO TPMS model for the 05+ Liberty, only 04, despite his speculation that really should not have been posted due to this confusion it causes. The part you have is an 02 Grand Cherokee TPMS EVIC and if you want to use TPMS sensors with it, you will need ONLY 02-04 TPMS sensors. They are NOT interchangeable with other years, as well as the retaining nuts for each sensor, and a sensor training magnet. That's 5 of 52088990AC, 5 of 52088961AA, 5 of 5083124AA and 1 of 52109664AA. Not going to be cheap, all of them together are going to be about $250, depending on where you buy them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.