05-07 Brushguard on an 04?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the question is will an 05-07 brushguard fit on an 04? I don't care if it is just for looks (Because it is JUST FOR LOOKS) and if I wanted an ARB that is what I would get.

Are the connections and fittings the same? I know the 05-07 bumpers stuck out more so the brush guards needed to come out more, but besides that was there a difference? That was really the only info I could find while searching. Has anyone done this before? Pics?

EDIT:
All my research says... maybe, haha. It should plug in there but will likely rub the bumper, especially the Aires model.

Last edited:

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it will work the other way, I put a brushguard from an '02 on an '05 Sport.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it will work the other way, I put a brushguard from an '02 on an '05 Sport.

I think the problem comes down to on the 02-04 there were bumps over the fog lights on the bumper and in the 05-07 models the bumper was flat. So The brush guards for the 02-04 models were made to accomodate this but the 05-07 models were not. The 05-07 model guards had headlight shields which were bigger and would rub on these bumper bumps on the 02-04 jeep bumpers. But it works the other way around because the headlamp shield was probably one of the only things changed.