'04 Liberty renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepMasterRace

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I own a 2004 Jeep Liberty renegade. I acquired it off of Craigslist after the first was absolutely demolished. It was an '02 limited. I took the cold air intake and leather seats out of it and put them in my renegade, so now I have a leather interior. It has 143,000 miles and a fist print on one of the doors from where the previous owner punched it (he was a big guy and it is actually really impressive how big the dent is). It has been hit twice, both times while it was parked. All in all, it is a very reliable vehicle and the biggest problems it has caused me are with a speed sensor and the cable running to said speed sensor going out. Anyways, thanks for reading my lengthy introduction, and I look forward to talking to you guys on the forum.
-JeepMasterRace

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck on the speed sensor lol. Welcome to the forum. If you want a true fix, cut out the old wiring of the speed sensor, get a new pigtail and connector from the dealer , a new sensor and change the diff fluid. When installing the new sensor put that plastic wire "loom" or whatever it's called around the wires and seal it off with weather proof crimp connectors and liquid tape. Haven't had issues since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk