'04 Liberty Renegade - Auction Find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iDreadnaught

Reaction score
Hello guys, new to me '04 Liberty Renegade with just over 100k miles purchased from an insurance auction. First jeep ever, 6th vehicle. I have a '97 Dodge Ram diesel 5spd, '99 BMW E39 wagon, '01 BMW 740i, '03 Mercedes S55 AMG, and a '08 BMW 535xi wagon all of which I work on myself, I'm a car enthusiast and DIY'er that 100% avoids $tealership labor.

There is one problem, casting plug (freeze plug) leak, drivers side middle, the one that's almost hidden by the engine mount. Looks like it was replaced without any Permatex because its shiny but leaks from the sides. 100% diy guy, so I'll be doing all the maintenance, looking forward to keeping this on the road for years to come.

Anyone have any tips on removing that freeze plug? Eyeballing, it looks like if I remove the drivers side exhaust manifold, engine mount and jack the motor up I should have enough room to get it out and replaced but would like to confirm that if anyone has done their plugs.

Pics of the new toy:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

KortniJo-eep

Reaction score
Very nice find. I need to hit those auctions again too! You don’t have to answer but curious as to where the auction was at? Probably no where near me. I’m going to ask a friend when he gets up about that freeze plug for ya! Hopefully you’re enjoying an speak soon

iDreadnaught

Reaction score
Very nice find. I need to hit those auctions again too! You don’t have to answer but curious as to where the auction was at? Probably no where near me. I’m going to ask a friend when he gets up about that freeze plug for ya! Hopefully you’re enjoying an speak soon

Since the pandemic I've been doing more online bidding than going to the auction houses, so browsing iaai and copart for clean title vehicles in the south east US (I'm from Florida) with minor mechanical or cosmetic issues has been my side hustle. Repossessions, donations, recovered stolen vehicles, etc.

I hope to have time this weekend to take a look, I found the KJ service manual and will start by following the process for removing the engine mount and see if I have enough room to work.

Latest posts

Members online