04 GC EVIC in an 06 Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering what the difference between an 04 Grand Cherokee EVIC is VS an 04 Liberty EVIC? If I have an 04 GC EVIC why cant I install that in my 06 Liberty? Any thoughts? Suggestions? I understand that before 04 EVICS (03, 02, etc...) the temperature wont display right in my 06...But other than that whats the real difference between them? Will it work?

Thanks!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who the heck told you that you can't use an 04 EVIC out of a Grand Cherokee...

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even the temp gauge should work... The change was prior to 04 EVICs.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the problem was that the 04 GCs went to a CAN based ECU while the Liberty stayed with the PCI bus which is why the temp gauge does not work. Am I wrong?

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have an 04 and put it in your 06? Its still in storage from our move... I will hopefully get it out this weekend and mess with it... Any advice? Also do you happen to know the part number for the the bracket to mount it? I dont believe I have one with it....

Thanks again so much!

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry (whistle) I saw the posting over there but I didnt want it to get confused with what he was asking... I just wanted clarification on the 04GC VS 06Liberty thing... So again I apologize, but thanks for all the help!

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 GC evic does not display temp. in my 04 KJ.
back door or lift glass open messages do not appear either, unless they are open when you start the KJ. then the messages won't go out until you turn off ignition.
All other features work fine.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to sell your '04 EVIC so that you can buy one that will display temp in your '06 PM me 8-[

edited for clarity ](*,)