02 sensor help please 06 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the bank 2 sensor 2 unit down stream. If I am correct the oem # is 56029049aa... which looks like it crosses to ngk 23159 . Some sites show it to be the incorrect part and some show it being correct. Anyone know or have experience with the correct part? Thank you for your help.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a code? I used a NGK 23159 for a sensor 2 on my 2006 but I still get it to trip the light every once in a while and looking at my scanner data I would say my cat converter is shot as the voltage swing looks about the same as the sensor 1 on that side

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. a p0157 and the light is on all the time. I checked for broken or burnt wires and had no problems there.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is definitely the correct part.

The downstream sensors for bank 1 and bank 2 are the same part. So, try switching the sensor that's giving you issues with the bank 1 downstream sensor. Clear the code, and see if a new code show up for bank 1.

That will tell you whether the sensor is broken, or if there's something else going on.

Latest posts

Members online