'02 Jeep Liberty Limited - Fuse 23 (10 AMP) keeping blowing

Discussion in 'How To' started by J.Hard90, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Jeremy-WI

Jeremy-WI Full Access Member

I would just put the meter on ohms and touch one lead to ground while checking the contacts on the plug with the other lead. You probably had a mouse chew through the insulation somewhere

2. J.Hard90

J.Hard90 New Member

Well, I had to come back and edit my post about everything working. I just got back from the grocery store and checked the tail light only to see that it was off and the fuse blew again. Really unfortunate, but now it's sending me back to the drawing board.

Before I left for the store, I had taken all 3 bulbs out of the tail light and I also removed the license plate bulb. I put a new fuse in and turned on the power to the lights. The fuse wasn't blowing so I began to reassemble everything with checking the fuse each time I put a bulb back in. Everything seemed to be holding together so I thought I was good.

I had checked the power to ground for resistance and had barely anything. So, I will go back out tomorrow and take it apart and check for a high resistance.

I'm considering just making a new ground and seeing if that works.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:27 PM
  3. J.Hard90

J.Hard90 New Member

So I went out today to take a look at ground (G310) and see how it looked and checked the connector (C310). The wires looked good, but I did disconnect the rear power outlet.

I also took out the upper brake light bulb. It was literally burnt. The bulb glass had a burn mark on it and the filament got so hot that it melted. So I removed that and left the connector unplugged. I put another new fuse in and both tail light park lamps along with the license plate lamp were all working fine.