IRONMAN LIFT INSTALL/Comments/M&G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I got one of the first Ironman lifts when Marlin (JBA) received them to test out.
I loved the ride right away, smoother ride than what I have in a way, handling is great, overall a great alternative to the OME setup. I ran the fronts for a while and the rear for quite a while longer checking them out.
Due to the extra weight of mine I went back to my setup and yesterday we installed the Ironman lift on 501s KJ for even more long term testing / evaulation.
Few shots of his, with top plate and 3 ring clevis in the front, 2 extra upper iso's in the rear
He's only driven it about 25 miles so far around here last evening and today but loves the ride so far. He just left for home and will put another 170 miles on this afternoon.
You must be registered for see images attach

comparison shot

Ohio likes black KJs

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TM-- Can't see the photos

UPDATE---
Never mind I restarted my comp. and now things work:shrug: :smokin:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a nice diff in height for the money. This wait is killen me! Lol i have everything but my rear springs. Should be in tuesday. I noticed the jba uca's you have on there, do i need to be worried about the issues with stock uca when i install my lift/alignment? If so ill start saving now... i need tires soon too:disgust:

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really nice! I'm hoping to have some money for new suspension parts in the next month or so and I'm still deciding between full OME, the Ironman, or the BDS which looks very intriguing to me. Great to see installed photos, it makes the decision so much harder and more entertaining!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
501 just got home a few minutes ago, he likes the ride of the Ironman better than the OMEs he had on for the last three years
BDS, mmmm nope, OME or Ironman for me for the money

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put about 400 miles on my Ironman lift and I love it. Absolutely no complaints, the ride is great!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the setup of the Ironman. The rear springs aren't as tall as the OME's but they lift the Jeep just as much - the progressive rate of the springs, right Tom?

And yes, Ohio does like black KJ's (that one in the middle is HOT, wouldn't you say?!?! :happy175:)

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say about the same as OMEs
I put a few hundred miles on them with mine,
he's got over 200 now
so I'd say another 500-1000 they will be settled in good

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the setup of the Ironman. The rear springs aren't as tall as the OME's but they lift the Jeep just as much - the progressive rate of the springs, right Tom?

And yes, Ohio does like black KJ's (that one in the middle is HOT, wouldn't you say?!?! :happy175:)

Bob

Ah Bob, I would say the one ....................
well never mind I know which one is the "hottest" :hidesbehindsofa:

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where/if the kit can be bought in Canada?

Be a couple years until I do my lift probably but for when the time comes looks like a great option.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my OME through OUIPACK ARBCANADA Quality 4x4 accessories (uoipack in montreal)no border fees.
Not sure if they deal ironman or not.
jba arms and stuff I had to get from jba and got shagged ******* border/duty fees (ups).$55 shipping from jba,$55 duty,+ taxes @ 15% on top.

Send them an email (attn David Bond/sales)tell him Pat from Nova Scotia sent you.
I sent him some pics of my lifted red 07 sport and they want to use some on there website :smokin:

Gyro

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Tell me about it! $300+ in fees to UPS and the MAN just to get my Frankenlift to my door :(

it's the price we pay up here...

for instance Rear Upper Isolators ...
Mopar online (U.S.) $10.35 ea
Dealership (CAN) $26.00 ea

I need 3 ... so $88.14 with tax here
Mopar online 31.05 + brokerage + shipping + duty + GST ~ $83.00

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a weeks vacation, ship your lift here, come down we'll install it and you can have 6 more days to see the sites :shrug::party52:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
That's an offer you can't refuse! You could even see the Liberty plant... oh former Liberty plant :(

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well still see the Wranglers and whatever the next one will be called :favorites68:

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, nice little write up, Gonna be looking and saving up for a lift for mine soon, just have a few maintenance items to do on it first..

Members online

No members online now.