New Alpine component speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I just installed a new set of Alpine SPC-600C in the front doors and put the component tweets up in the door panel next to the mirror.

They sound great up there, and now I will move the Infinity I had in the front doors, to the back doors. If I had the coin, I would buy another set of Alpines and put the tweets in the rear cargo area at roof level.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice and clean job. Wasn't it pain in the neck to run wires?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, it went better than I thought.

No not at all. Wire for the cross over is in-line, so it just comes from woofer and goes directly to the tweet with a inline crossx.

The pain in the butt was taking the dash apart to find out the aftermarket mounts were not big enough...so the tweets went into the door panel.:-k I always try and use stock mounting locations, but I think this works just fine.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know 600C's have inline tiny filter/x-overs, but I meant the wiring to the door. Did you go through the tiny, impossible to remove and replace door seals that cover wiring - Or actually use existing wiring, and simply ran woofer to tweeter (since x-over is in between them).
It was my only concern when thinking about replacing door speakers with new ones, and running new wires instead of using existing cheap wires.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I ran new wire and cheated a bit and drilled a hole in the door post on the cab and went thru there and into the rubber bootie between door and body.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pinching? Picture would be great.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
No pinching? Picture would be great.

No...no pinching...well not that I can see anyways. ;) Ahhhh I don't know if I can take a pic of the hack job I did there, it's better not to show too much. :p

I used 10 or 12 gauge wire to run from the amp to the front door speakers when I wired in the Infinity's, so it's heavy duty wire for the application...just the install there wasn't as smooth.

Latest posts

Members online