2007 Liberty Infinity Amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slorg

Reaction score
Hello,

A family member is attempting to install an after market stereo with backup camera in their 07 liberty and I am giving them a little assistance after a few problems. Everything is in except there is no sound from the new head unit. After a little investigation I have found that the vehicle has the infinity Amps in the doors.

I have read some conflicting information, do these get a low level input like most amps? Or a loud speaker input? I read some people connect the amp enable and use the loudspeaker output. Sounds like a recipe for blown speakers and ear damage to me so I just want to confirm.

If that is the case does anyone happen to know the amp enable colour? The factory connector was already cut off and tossed prior to me helping and I can't find a diagram with the colour for the amp enable.

Thanks!

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just finished my stereo (2004 Limited). As a first step, when I just changed the HU, I only connected the pre-out of the unit to the car's speaker cables, as mine had also the amps on the front doors. I used the Metra 2DIN dash kit and the AXXESS steering wheel audio control adapter. I also connected a front and rear camera.
As a second step, I changed the front speakers and added 2 amplifiers (a 4 channel and a 1 channel), a sub and a DSP. I had to use new speaker cables and got rid of the OEM amps. I am now using the 4 channel amp for the front speakers (2 way component speakers active) and the 1 channel amp for the sub. I had to make 5mm ABS plastic adapters under each seat to put the amps and DSP.
Check Cruchfield to find info on how the car stereo is and were is everything
Remember, if you want to add only a HU, you have to use the pre out of the unit, not the speaker outputs, if your system has the advanced Infinity system with the amps.
Also, if you want to use the steering buttons, you have to find the communication cable to connect it to the Axxess adapter. I do not remember the cable colors (i think it is PIN 14 on the Radio C1 connector behind the radio), you will have to check the wiring diagram and connection PIN-OUTS on the service manual.

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its anything like mine the front speakers will be shot, the suspension rings have rotted out, check before you get to involved in resurrecting the amps.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are kits for the suspension of the woofers. Mine where also rotted back in 2017, so I ordered the kit with 4 suspensions for 6 1/2" drivers and glue, and they were fine since...
Search: 6.5" Speaker Foam Repair Kit for Jeep Liberty Door Speakers 4-Pack