Johnny O's 2020 Rubicon Build - KHAAAAAN! the ScienceMobile II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aye! wife loves the Khan so much she's looking at a Sahara. Fingers crossed.
That's awesome! Hopefully she gets one, they're great. @HoosierJeeper mentioned the JL is the only thing that kind of compares to a KJ. I have to agree - my wife drove the KJ over 15 years before getting her JL. She looked a few times at other stuff, like the Fiat 500 when that came out, and the Alfa Romeo Giulia when that came out. Each time she was disappointed. She went back to the KJ until she drove a JL in 2018, and then she was hooked.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
That's awesome! Hopefully she gets one, they're great. @HoosierJeeper mentioned the JL is the only thing that kind of compares to a KJ. I have to agree - my wife drove the KJ over 15 years before getting her JL. She looked a few times at other stuff, like the Fiat 500 when that came out, and the Alfa Romeo Giulia when that came out. Each time she was disappointed. She went back to the KJ until she drove a JL in 2018, and then she was hooked.
I bought my JLUR whilst Wifey was on vacation in Hawaii. When I picked her up at the airport, she asked if Bert was broke down and if the Rubi was a rental. I replied, "Well, I'm making payments on it if that's what you mean."

She didn't speak to me for three days.

On the third evening over yet another uncomfortably silent dinner she busts out laughing. "I couldn't keep a straight face any longer- I rented a Sahara to drive up the volcano and loved it...I like the Rubicon even more."