What is this hose please? Jeep Liberty 2006 3.7L V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidj

Reaction score
Good day all

I am wondering what this hose is hanging down on the passenger side side of the vehicle, it has a massive hole in it and also a metal "Coupler" thing that obviously needs to go into something? The metal part is pretty much in half.. My car has been giving me problems and finally climbed underneath were there is a LOT of oil on everything around that pipe. What is ist? anyone know please?

My oil light also comes on at stop streets and red lights, Perhaps that would mean something to someone?

Many thanks

David

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find out where that hose is connected to. I saw nothing like it on my 2006 and I replaced the front driveshaft and the starter a few months ago

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
Good day all

I am wondering what this hose is hanging down on the passenger side side of the vehicle, it has a massive hole in it and also a metal "Coupler" thing that obviously needs to go into something? The metal part is pretty much in half.. My car has been giving me problems and finally climbed underneath were there is a LOT of oil on everything around that pipe. What is ist? anyone know please?

My oil light also comes on at stop streets and red lights, Perhaps that would mean something to someone?

Many thanks

David

Is it a crankcase breather hose-PCV hose that is routed incorrectly?

Davidj

Reaction score
Thanks For responding, very efficient forum, thanks a million, I will try and trace the hose back, what is confusing me is the metal Coupler on the end which has completely worn in "half" there is also a big hole above that metal coupler... It must have to be "plugged" into something?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably the front diff breather hose hanging down?? which should be routed higher up in engine bay.

What diameter is the hose? 5/16 ?
Oil light coming on, probably the oil pressure sensor needs replacement. It is located near/above the oil filter. Any leaks around oil pressure sensor?

Dave_too

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a crankcase breather hose-PCV hose that is routed incorrectly?
Looking at the box with the air filter from the front of the Jeep, is there a hose plugged into the right side leading back to the EGR? Not sure if there are model year differences, but that's what's there on my '07 KJ. (Hope you don't mind my additional question added to your's Kiwi.)

JeepLibertyKK

Reaction score

I’d very quickly be checking the oil pump. Low pressure at idle could cause the warning. Not good for the engine long-term.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.