Yet another Skid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Skids cost you the least amount of ground clearance? I'm assuming that there is a difference in them of course...
Thanks
Rescu2000

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked this a few days ago with no replies. The stock Mopar front skid, while sturdy, seems to dip low and take up some of the precious ground clearance the Libby has. I'd love to see a comparison between the Mopar and aftermarkets. I might just pull off my Mopar skid this weekend to see how much clearance is lost when it is on.

Who around here is a steel fabricator? There might be a market for this....hmmmm.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I would think they'd be about the same +- 1/4" As they all bolt up to the same locations. It's just a matter of the thickness of the metal of the skid.

Bennett

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all mount the same way, stiffners are on the inside so they all are about the same. You can get a full set of Mopars for the price of 1 aftermarket one. Wheel alot in rocks, etc, get the aftremarket, otherwise the Mopars work fine.