Yay!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well, we got our heep back today!
Brand new ARB Air lockers and 4:10 gears installed.
Along with completely rebuilt front and rear diffs.(New bearings, seals, etc.)

What a difference 4:10 gears make!
Our heep has way better acceleration and better fuel economy.

Gonna take it out 4X4in' this weekend and try out the lockers...
The bonus with the ARB Air compressor is having on board air as well!
Next major purchase will be a 40 inch LED light bar for the roof and a 20" LED light bar to replace the PIAA lights up by the winch!
And some OME 790's and a set of five 32" M/T R Kevlar tires!

We're looking foreward to beating on our Rig!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now you can tell others what some of us have been trying to say all along, 4.10s provide way better power almost like driving it stock

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So where can we meet so I can test drive it?
That sounds like fun!
Congrats Ry & Jen...Now ur rig is really up to speed!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
So where can we meet so I can test drive it?
That sounds like fun!
Congrats Ry & Jen...Now ur rig is really up to speed!

Nope, that's not going to happen Tim!
First you need to learn how to drive your Jeep off road!
There are only two people who drive our Rig.
That's Jen and myself!
We've invested allot of cash into our Rig over the last five years and we're not willing to take a chance that it could get damaged by another driver.
Especially by someone with very little off road experience who freaked out, had a panic attack and a hissy fit like a 15 year old school girl driving through six inches of mud by the Log sort pile in Harrison!
Not to mention that you think that airing down to 32 psi from 38 psi feels like driving on balloons and that your tires feel "spongy"!

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Pics or gtfo. :smokin:

Pic's or gtfo?

Pic's of what...:shrug:

A blue nylon air line disappearing into the top of the rear differential case with a spring protector around it? (Cant even see the front diff air line!) or of the compressor under the hood or switches in the centre stack in front of the shifter?;)

I'll take a few shots of the latter two tomorrow when it's light out and post them tomorrow for ya!:happy107:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which compressor set up did you go with?

Whats a reasonable labour cost or hours if you dont want to list dollars on regear plus lockers if you pick up all the parts yourself?

Glad to hear its all done. :happy160:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Which compressor set up did you go with?

Whats a reasonable labour cost or hours if you dont want to list dollars on regear plus lockers if you pick up all the parts yourself?

Glad to hear its all done. :happy160:

Hey Cardhu,

I went with the CKMA-12 compressor.
Compressors (About half way down the page.)
I would have bought the newly released CKMTA-12 with a 100% duty cycle had I known that it was going to be available six weeks after I bought the single compressor unit. Oh well, we have a Viair clone from Harboir freight that we've been using before the ARB was installed. For the price we paid for it, it's a very good and efficient little unit.
It'll air up a 35" tire from 18-20 psi to 38-40 psi in 2.5-3 minutes.
Good secondary compressor that I can lend out or as back up unit.
I also just scored a brand new 3 pound capacity Viair air tank (Free from a friend) which I am going to mount under our Rig. (If there's enough room)

Now for the price... To install both the lockers and compressor.
That was a special one time " Club discount" members rate because the owner of the Jeep shop is a buddy.
Excellent deal!
For all the work done, it's usually 12-14 hours labour at $100.00 per hour but he charged me 10 hours labour at $75.00 per hour!

So yeah, awesome deal!

All the club members deal with him exclusively for that reason!

If you are concidering ARB lockers or recovery gear, contact ARB Canada
OUIPACK ARBCANADA Quality 4x4 accessories and ask for Tony, he's the owner.
Tell him Ryan from B.C. Sent you.
He gave me a WICKED KILLER DEAL!!! Something I cannot disclose!

Cheers
Ry'

BIRDMAN

Reaction score
i'm confused at how 4.10s would save gas? they'll make your highway rpms much higher...

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emailed ouipack when i was ordering OME, was priced well but ordered everything from JBA in one shot.

Next step is rims, rubber, battery, front bumper nip, pinch weld, rear iso and complete repaint of underside, replacing u joint flange near diff on original drive shaft (donor in jeep right now). Maybe lbj after i get around to checking in the spring and its not so bloody frozen. A post settlement alignment is due too when i get around to measuring before hand.

Lockers is at least a year out if not longer and will likely involve a road trip out of here to find the right guy to do it. Flat manitoba will make stock gears liveable for quite a while. Quick budgeting on your regear plus lockers scares me right now given whats ahead. Besides, what would I have to look forward to if I do it at once.

On a somewhat related note on upgrades, Got my work truck stuck today at the ice shack on GY SRwhatevers. Whole way back after 20 min of rocking back and forth convinced me to be a little more aggressive in the tires then i had originally planned. That is when quadratec gets around to sending out my back ordered wheels and snatch strap.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
i'm confused at how 4.10s would save gas? they'll make your highway rpms much higher...

Simplified version.

Bigger tires with stock gears suck power and ****** doesn't shift properly unless modded at dealer.
Hence costing more fuel.

Regear with the same bigger tires and the KJ drives more "Stock" like.
Puts engine in better power band, ****** shifts better after pinion reset
and truck does get better fuel economy.

Sorry, I don't feel like getting too deep with explanation...
Too damn tired, been up for my usual 70+ hours.