xm routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have XM or aftermarket Sirius for that matter? I am looking for suggestions on routing the antana(sp)....first where to route it, to the back or front? and also what seal to use going inside to outside. I have heard that the wires are very tempermental and cannot be pinched or kinked and will break very easily. Any help will be much appreciated.

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I routed mine through the headliner, then out the rear brake light - just like many folks here. Unfortunatley my picture hosting service went kaput & I didnt have nay back up pics. I'm sure someone here will show you.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable simple. As soon as I read headliner I kicked my self. I just wasnt looking forward to tearing out all the side panels and trying to run it that way then back up the c-pillar. Is it alot of work getting it through the headliner. How did you mount yours?

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an XM Delphi SkyFi, which I have mounted on the passenger side, right next to the console (on the far left side of the trim piece above the glove compartment)

I ran the antenna wire from the third brake lite, down the back pillar on the passenger side, behind the trim there (by the back power outlet), and then under the door trim. When I got the wire to the front, I ran it behind the lil bar by the glove compartement, to its ultimate stopping place in the middle of the console.

I wouldnt say it was hard, more just time consuming.

I considered doing the headliner bit, but then I would still have to go down the a-pillar on the drivers side, so it seemed like more work fishing than I wanted to get involved in.

I used the documentation for the MOPAR sirius antenna as a quick basis, although the sirius antenna is mounted w/ a hole, and I ran mine out the third brake lite. It's a good starting point, and actually describes the process pretty well.

-Blu