WTB Spare Tire Reinforcement Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. I pulled mine off to powder coat them and they are not worth saving. No liberties in the home town pick and pulls. Just wondering if anyone can get them before I drive out of town for some. Price shipped to 49424.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Most of them have adhesive on the back side that helps secure them to the tailgate. (My original tailgate were lacking the reinforcements from the factory, so I added them later.) I really doubt that you'll be able to find anything used that will be reusable again. I ended up ordering mine from the dealer... I don't think they were too expensive, but then again, that was a few years ago.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have mine yet somewhere in the attic of the garage
very little rust around the outside edge
no glue or anything on mine, only came with a plastic sheet behind them
They rust due to folks never taking them off and cleaning/ waxing behind them

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of them have adhesive on the back side that helps secure them to the tailgate. (My original tailgate were lacking the reinforcements from the factory, so I added them later.) I really doubt that you'll be able to find anything used that will be reusable again. I ended up ordering mine from the dealer... I don't think they were too expensive, but then again, that was a few years ago.

$15 each + shipping Mopar online.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. I pulled mine off to powder coat them and they are not worth saving. No liberties in the home town pick and pulls. Just wondering if anyone can get them before I drive out of town for some. Price shipped to 49424.

A question - how do these come off??? I just touched mine up on the Jeep and it looked like you needed to pull the inside door pad. Mine are not in bad shape. But might pull them anyway.

Thanks