WTB: Clamp for Rear Tow Hook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRowe

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for the small clamp that allows the rear tow hook to be installed on the Sport model. The clamp can be seen in this thread: http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2587 From what I understand, it's not necessary when the hook is used on models with the gas tank skid plate (which I am currently lacking). If anybody could help me out, or at least point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Tim

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRowe said:
Hi All,

I'm looking for the small clamp that allows the rear tow hook to be installed on the Sport model. The clamp can be seen in this thread: http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2587 From what I understand, it's not necessary when the hook is used on models with the gas tank skid plate (which I am currently lacking). If anybody could help me out, or at least point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Tim

Take the pic to your local auto parts house (NAPA etc.), they should have what you are looking for. I don't know if a smaller places like Auto Zone, Parts America or Advance Auto Parts will have it. I belive they are called clip nuts.

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup just walk in to autozone and ask for clipped nuts, and see what they show you...

:D

Sorry, I couldn't pass that one by without comment...

TRowe

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I went to the local hardware store and they were completely stumped. I did buy a large nut while I was there, with hopes that I could somehow get it in there and hold it long enough to ratchet the bolt in place. For 11 cents, it was worth a shot. Much to my amazement, it worked. I was able to slip the nut into the frame through a rectangular hole and barely hold it in place with the tip of one finger while I tightened the bolt. After it was hand tightened, I used the socket wrench, thinking that it would probably just turn the whole setup, but somehow the nut remained stationary and things worked out perfectly.

I'll probably go ahead and try the clipped nuts approach... Testicular humor runs deep in the Mid-West.

Tim