Wrong VIN???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KramerClyde734

Reaction score
i ran the VIN on my KJ and it decodes to have a manual trans, but sadly it has a automatic.... anyone else know why or have found this out as well??

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you could get a "build sheet" on it to double check.

I am guessing you got it used so is it possible someone swapped an A/T in it?

Dave

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The build sheets are not always 100% perfect, so you may have one of the models with an error in the data. Double check the VIN, there is no "I" or "o" in them.

KramerClyde734

Reaction score
as far as what ive seen is that the vin plates match. And yes i did get it used about a month ago (speaking of which my payment is due next week haha thanks for the reminder!) it was a fleet vehicle for a short time after it was built so it would make sense that the trans would have been switched but there is absolutely no evidence that there was a manual in it (no peddle brackets, nothing where the clutch master cylinder would be, notta) this is more like factory grade work not dealership, and if it is im going to Michigan to have any serious work done because ive never seen a dealership quality this good!