Wrong front pinion seal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I went to change my front pinion seal and the new one seems to be the wrong one. The old one has this tall rubber lip that's sticks out, which rides inside of the lip of the pinion yoke. The new one doesn't have this, and the yoke doesn't fit inside of the seal very easily. The seal I have is master pro PT5778

Here's what my current seal looks like. http://www.toms4x4superstore.com/dana-30-pinion-oiil-seal-02-07-jeep-liberty-kj/
I haven't removed my old seal to really even see If the one I have will work. So which one is the correct one? I see some listed that looks like my new ome, and some that look like the old one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question is, do you want to do this seal once, or get practice doing it several times? If only once, take it back to Oreillys(guessing) and buy one from the dealer for like $15. Aftermarket seals are not exact fit like OE seals. They are a seal that happens to fit in the hole, and is within so many thousandths of an inch of the OE. They call it good. If they fit too loose, they will leak. If they fit too tight, they'll cut a groove in the pinion yoke.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and returned it and ordered one from the stealership. I definitely don't need any extra practice lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk